Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Debug with VIsual Studio 6, cpp project Post 302570891 by Corona688 on Friday 4th of November 2011 03:05:15 PM
Old 11-04-2011
#4 is optional, which is a good thing as I have no idea what it is. It might have something to do with off-system debugging.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Visual Studio .Net

How can I create and run a stand-alone console application in Visual Studio .Net ? (cpp-file)....... ...thanks for any help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

2. Programming

Looking for equal to Visual Studio for Unix

Hello all Im looking for IDE to edit / compile / debug similar to VC++ on windows I need it for verity of UNIX platforms, what do you think is the best tool to use And that its learning carve is easy ( as much as possible) . Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with kerberos cpp project

Hi All, I am having problem with kerberos kadmin library in c++. I am using red hat linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga), and gcc c++ - 4.1.1-52.el4.i386. When I make a c project (main.c) and use function from kadmin library such as kadm5_init_krb5_context(&context); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitp
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Downloading and running Visual Studio Code

Ubuntu 16.04 I tried downloading the .deb package of Visual Studio Code from here but for some reason it won't open. From Activities Overview if I select the program it shows up in the task panel on the left but it just blinks a few times then goes away. I would rather not have to use snap... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
5 Replies
RPC.BOOTPARAMD(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 RPC.BOOTPARAMD(8)

NAME
bootparamd, rpc.bootparamd -- boot parameter server SYNOPSIS
bootparamd [-ds] [-i interface] [-r router] [-f file] DESCRIPTION
bootparamd is a server process that provides information to diskless clients necessary for booting. It consults the file ``/etc/bootparams''. It should normally be started from ``/etc/rc''. This version will allow the use of aliases on the hostname in the ``/etc/bootparams'' file. The hostname returned in response to the booting client's whoami request will be the name that appears in the config file, not the canonical name. In this way you can keep the answer short enough so that machines that cannot handle long hostnames won't fail during boot. While parsing, if a line containing just ``+'' is found, and the YP subsystem is active, the YP map bootparams will be searched immediately. OPTIONS
-d Display the debugging information. The daemon does not fork in this case. -i interface Specify the interface to become the default router. bootparamd picks the first IPv4 address it finds on the system by default. With -i, you can control which interface to be used to obtain the default router address. -r overrides -i. -s Log the debugging information with syslog(3). -r Set the default router (a hostname or IP-address). This defaults to the machine running the server. -f Specify the file to use as boot parameter file instead of ``/etc/bootparams''. FILES
/etc/bootparams default configuration file SEE ALSO
bootparams(5) AUTHORS
Originally written by Klas Heggemann <klas@nada.kth.se>. BUGS
You may find the syslog messages too verbose. It's not clear if the non-canonical hack mentioned above is a good idea. BSD
January 8, 1994 BSD