Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to init the SPI device in daemon? Post 302570871 by Corona688 on Friday 4th of November 2011 01:17:10 PM
Old 11-04-2011
"inappropriate ioctl for device" is odd. Without seeing your actual code, we're only guessing what's going wrong, but if I had to guess -- it may not actually succeed in opening the device, doesn't check whether it did, and ends up doing ioctl() on FD 0 or somesuch. Which for a daemon probably ends up being /dev/null.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

Difference between 'init s' and 'init 1'

What is the difference between 'init s' and 'init 1'. I know that both will work to change the current run level to single user mode. Is there any difference in those two commands? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

What is the diffe b/w init s and init S

i did my research in finding the answer but couldn't find right one. Please give your inputs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranumala
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Device-mapper behaviour booting on init=bin/bash

Good morning Recently we needed to change the password from a redhat 6.5 system that no one knew the root password. Starting the system with the init=/bin/bash method took us to the following scenario: system_vg active with only root_lv and tmpfs mounted. our entries at fstab are like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ikaro0
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
SPI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    SPI(4)

NAME
spi -- introduction to machine-independent SPI bus support and drivers SYNOPSIS
spi* at mainbus? Other attachments are machine-dependent and will depend on the bus topology of your system. See intro(4) for your system for more informa- tion. DESCRIPTION
NetBSD includes a machine dependent SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) bus subsystem, and several different machine-independent SPI device drivers. Your system may support additional machine-dependent SPI devices. Consult your system's intro(4) for additional information. SPI is a 4-wire synchronous full-duplex serial bus. Some systems provide support for Microwire, which is Philips' name for a strict subset of SPI, with more rigidly defined signaling. Therefore, Microwire devices are also supported by the SPI framework. Note that when referencing SPI devices in a config(1) file, the 'slave' must be provided, as SPI lacks any way to automatically probe devices. HARDWARE
NetBSD includes the following machine-independent SPI drivers m25p STMicroelectronics M25P family of NOR flash devices. tm121temp Texas Instruments TMP121 temperature sensor. SEE ALSO
m25p(4), tm121temp(4) HISTORY
The machine-independent SPI framework was written by Garrett D'Amore for the Champaign-Urbana Community Wireless Network Project (CUWiN), and appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
October 9, 2006 BSD