Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk to replace directory paths Post 302570858 by CarloM on Friday 4th of November 2011 12:47:54 PM
Old 11-04-2011
Code:
sed 's;/;\\\\/;g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find and replace paths consisting \

Hi all, I am new to unix and wanted to replace the string consisting \ with nothing. I tried the following but did not help. for y in `ls DIV*`; do sed s/C:\\Project\\AML\\bin//g $y > temp mv temp $y done I actually want to remove any occurance of C:\Project\ABC\bin in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

find home directory paths for all users

How to find al the user's home directories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directory from array of file names with paths

I have a script that generates a variable with the location of a file and its complete path. What i want to do is to "cd" to the directory where that file is located using the path name of the file. GIS has absolutely failed me. For example when i run my script it generates a variable called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Knome
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to display paths of files in a directory

hi guys does anyone know how to display the file paths of the files stored within a directory at the command terminal? e.g. if i have a directory called "home", how do i display the file paths of the files inside the directory? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Villaman69
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat a list of directory paths only to a file

Hi! I would like to funnel a series of directories and subdirectories into a text file. This is the output I would like to see from a find command: /mypath/ABC_01/VISIT_01 /mypath/ABC_01/VISIT_02 /mypath/ABC_01/VISIT_03 /mypath/ABC_02/VISIT_01 /mypath/ABC_03/VISIT_01 I've tried: find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find text containing paths and replace with a string in all the python files

I have 100+ python files in a single directory. I need to replace a specific path occurrence with a variable name. Following are the find and the replace strings: Findstring--"projects\\Debugger\\debugger_dp8051_01\\debugger_dp8051_01.cywrk" Replacestring--self.projpath I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorsam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to export Directory paths through Script

Following is the output of .profile file - $ cat /home/estdm2/.profile #!/bin/ksh set -o vi alias l="ls -ltr" umask 002 Following is the path setting script. $ cat DM_ENV_VARS_NEW.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /home/estdm2/.profile sEnv=$1 echo "We are in ${sEnv} environment" echo "STEP010... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only the filenames under a directory without relative and absolute paths.

I am able to list all the filenames under a directory & its sub-directories except blent.tar on Linux find "/tmp/" -type f | grep -v blent.tar | rev | cut -d '/' -f1 | rev Desired Output: THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt javaws libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading directory paths with spaces from a file

Hi I want to know how to handle the spaces in the below scenario. I have a file (CON_zip_path_1.txt) which has some directory paths with spaces in directory names . My requirement is to unzip these zip files to another path. Please see the code below and the error. CON_zip_path_1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies
pwd(1T) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   pwd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pwd - Return the absolute path of the current working directory SYNOPSIS
pwd _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the absolute path name of the current working directory. EXAMPLE
Sometimes it is useful to change to a known directory when running some external command using exec, but it is important to keep the appli- cation usually running in the directory that it was started in (unless the user specifies otherwise) since that minimises user confusion. The way to do this is to save the current directory while the external command is being run: set tarFile [file normalize somefile.tar] set savedDir [pwd] cd /tmp exec tar -xf $tarFile cd $savedDir SEE ALSO
file(1T), cd(1T), glob(1T), filename(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl pwd(1T)