Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add serial number begining of each line in a text file Post 302570763 by jayan_jay on Friday 4th of November 2011 09:13:15 AM
Old 11-04-2011
one more apart from CarloM's attachment..
Code:
$ sed = infile | paste -d' ' - -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text to file at a certain line

I am trying to add a line of text just before the last line in a file. For example, if the last line of a file is "exit 0", I need to add a line of text just before that. Any ideas how I might do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
5 Replies

2. Programming

Insert Text at begining of file

Hi All, Its been a long time since i did any programming and I am trying to get back into it as part of also learning Linux. Coming from a Cpp background i am trying to write some simple code just using C. I want to create a simple log file but instead of appending to the end of the file i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwolf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

4. Linux

Get a specific line number from a text file

Hello! All, Could you please tell me how to get a specific line number from a text file? For example below, ABC DEF ---> Get this line number, return to an variable GHI My OS is Linux. Thank you so much for your help in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barryxian
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increasing a number and appending it to next line of a text file

Hi all, I have text file having a number P100. what i need is when i run a script, it should add 1 to the above number and append it to the next line of a same text file.. when i use the script next time it should check the last line and add 1 to the last number and so on.. like the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending number of lines in the file to begining of the file

I am having 6 files named file1,file2....file6 and i need to append number of lines in each file to begining of the file. For example, If file 1 contains a b c d then after adding new line file1 should contain 4 a b c d Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhay_ms
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing line in text file adding number to value in file

I have a text file that has data like: Data "12345#22" Fred ID 12345 Age 45 Wilma Dino Data "123#22" Tarzan ID 123 Age 33 Jane I need to figure out a way of adding 1,000,000 to the specific lines (always same format) in the file, so it becomes: Data "1012345#22" Fred ID... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add text into the last line of text file

I need help with insert text to the last line of text file with echo command I know can do something like echo "i4\n$logtext\n.\nwq" | ex -s $file can insert to first line, but how can i change this code in order to insert to the last line of text file? please help, thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert the line number from text file to filename output

Hi everyone :) I have a file "words.txt" containing hundreds of lines of text. Each line contains a slogan. Using the code below i am able to generate an image with the slogan text from each line. The image filename is saved matching the last word on each line. Example: Line 1: We do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies
GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)					  [FIXME: manual]					  GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)

NAME
glFramebufferRenderbuffer - attach a renderbuffer as a logical buffer to the currently bound framebuffer object C SPECIFICATION
GLsync glFramebufferRenderbuffer(GLenum target, GLenum attachment, GLenum renderbuffertarget, GLuint renderbuffer); PARAMETERS
target Specifies the framebuffer target. target must be GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER, or GL_FRAMEBUFFER. GL_FRAMEBUFFER is equivalent to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER. attachment Specifies the attachment point of the framebuffer. renderbuffertarget Specifies the renderbuffer target and must be GL_RENDERBUFFER. renderbuffer Specifies the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget to attach. DESCRIPTION
glFramebufferRenderbuffer attaches a renderbuffer as one of the logical buffers of the currently bound framebuffer object. renderbuffer is the name of the renderbuffer object to attach and must be either zero, or the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget. If renderbuffer is not zero and if glFramebufferRenderbuffer is successful, then the renderbuffer name renderbuffer will be used as the logical buffer identified by attachment of the framebuffer currently bound to target. The value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_TYPE for the specified attachment point is set to GL_RENDERBUFFER and the value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_NAME is set to renderbuffer. All other state values of the attachment point specified by attachment are set to their default values. No change is made to the state of the renderbuuffer object and any previous attachment to the attachment logical buffer of the framebuffer target is broken. Calling glFramebufferRenderbuffer with the renderbuffer name zero will detach the image, if any, identified by attachment, in the framebuffer currently bound to target. All state values of the attachment point specified by attachment in the object bound to target are set to their default values. Setting attachment to the value GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT is a special case causing both the depth and stencil attachments of the framebuffer object to be set to renderbuffer, which should have the base internal format GL_DEPTH_STENCIL. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if renderbuffertarget is not GL_RENDERBUFFER. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if zero is bound to target. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer(), glGenRenderbuffers(), glFramebufferTexture(), glFramebufferTexture1D(), glFramebufferTexture2D(), glFramebufferTexture3D() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)