Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Mathematical operation in multiple files Post 302570753 by vgersh99 on Friday 4th of November 2011 08:53:49 AM
Old 11-04-2011
nawk -f guns.awk A.txt B.txt C.txt
guns.awk:
Code:
FNR==1{f++}
{
  for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)
    file[f,FNR,i]=$i
  fnr=FNR
  nf=NF
}
END{
  for(i=1;i<=fnr;i++)
    for(j=1;j<=nf;j++)
      printf("%.2f%c", (file[1,i,j]+file[2,i,j])/(1+file[3,i,j]), (j==nf)?ORS:OFS)
}

Last edited by vgersh99; 11-04-2011 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: a better way
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Handling multiple files using awk

Hi, I am trying to process 2 files simultaneously using awk satisfying following condition, Both files contain 3 columns. It should take entry from column 1 from first file, look for that entry in file 2 and if found, add column 2 and column 3 from both files and output to third file. For e.g.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muazfarooqaslam
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] moving multiple files? mv

HI I have a list of files that are incorrectely names and I need to move them to new name .. I tried few things that has not worked so far can you help ? I need to rename all thes eifle ( tere are over 100 ) xldn0357bap.orig.new xldn0389bap.orig.new xldn0439bap.orig.new... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operation on multiple files

I have four files that look like this: file_1: a b c d e f file_2: g h i j k l file_3: m n o p q r (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Perform an operation to all directories

Sorry, about this thread - I solved my own problem! Thanks for taking a look. edit by bakunin: no problem, but it would have been a nice touch to actually tell us what the solution was. This would have been slightlich more educating than just knowing that you found it. I changed your title to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blue Solo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Rename multiple files

Hi. I have a large number of files with names like: t_ 0.20000E-02.dat There is actually a space after the underscore. These files are numbered numerically, i.e. t_ 0.20000E-02.dat, t_ 0.21000E-02.dat, t_ 0.22000E-02.dat and so on. What I would like to do is rename such that the file with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Perform Mathematical Operation Within If in awk?

Hi All, I am using an awk script as below: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{OFS="|";} { if ($1==$3 && $3==$7 && $7==$13 && $2==$6 && $6==$11 && $15-$14+1==$11) print $0"|""TRUE"; else print $0"|""FALSE"; }' tempfile.txt In above script, all conditions are being checked except the one which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Sum operation

I have file input w34 AG1 2 184 w35 AG1 6 552 w35 BG1 12 0 w35 CD1 7 0 w36 CG1 4 0 my output should be w34 AG1 2 184 0.991 w35 AG1 6 552 0.991 w35 BG1 12 0 1.000 w35 CD1 7 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Multiple input files and output files

Hi, I have many test*.ft1 files to which I want to read as input for a script called pipe2txt.tcl and print the output in each separate file. For example, pipe2txt.tcl < test001.ft1 > test001.txt How can I read many files in this maner? thank you very much, Best, Pahuja (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pahuja
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] List Files With Multiple Name Patterns

Hi, We have created a script that would accept the an indicator as a parameter and archive files present in a directory. The indicator would drive what the name pattern of the files to be archived should be. If the indicator is 1, then the pattern to look out for is FACT*. If the indicator is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to remove multiple files?

Hi Gurus, I have below files in one directory. the file name has date and time portion which is exactly the file be created. I need keep only lasted created file which is abc_20140101_1550 and remove rest of the file. abc_20140101_1300 abc_20140101_1200 abc_20140101_1400 abc_20140101_1500... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)