Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why segment fault,
Top Forums Programming why segment fault, Post 302570619 by MacMonster on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 11:05:15 PM
Old 11-04-2011
Array index starts from zero. You are trying to access thread[2].

Code:
for (i = 2; i > 0; i--)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Segment Fault

When run it, segment fault. What is wrong? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> const int max =20; //**************************************************** // Input Matrix //**************************************************** void inMatrixAA(int *AA, int row, int col)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract segment

Hey all, could someone please direct me on how to extract a segment from a file between two tags? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Programming

a strange segment fault about ltp-posix test

Hi all In the ltp-posix test,there is a case in open_posix_testsuite\conformance\interfaces\timer_gettime\speculative/6-1.c I run the above code,it will has a segment fault, if I modify it to below,it works well Anybody can tell me why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

4. Programming

How can I know where the segment of memory is all Zero?

I mean, I malloc a segment of memory, maybe 1k maybe 20bytes.. assume the pointer is pMem How can I know the content pMem refered is all Zero or \0 . I know memcmp but the second parameter should another memory address... thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
4 Replies

5. Programming

Segment Violation

Hi to all. I'm reciving a "Segment violation" error from this code and I don't know why. void insertAtEnd(NodeType *pList) { char element; printf("Introduce a element: \n"); setbuf(stdin, NULL); scanf("%c", &element); //Find the end of the list; while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
4 Replies

6. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Programming

Segment-fault handling for pthreads

Hi I have struggling a week to fix a program , in the begining i got SIGBUS , but after many attempts still the program gets SIGSEGV segment fault , In bellow i post the seg fault log + source codes. would really appreciate if experts help me to fix this segment fault error. any advice is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
2 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segment fault for C++ program when return vector

I am trying to reverse complement DNA sequence (string) with a short c++ code using boost library. Code was compiled without any warning/error, but ran into Segmentation fault. My guess is the function to return a vector, but not sure. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string>... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies

10. Programming

Segment fault related to strlen.S

Hello, This function was copied into my code, which was compiled without error/warning, but when executed there is always Segmentation fault at the end after the output (which seems correct!): void get_hashes(unsigned int hash, unsigned char *in) { unsigned char *str = in; int pos =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies
XmCvtXmStringToCT(3X)													     XmCvtXmStringToCT(3X)

NAME
XmCvtXmStringToCT - A compound string function that converts a compound string to compound text SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> char * XmCvtXmStringToCT (string) XmString string; DESCRIPTION
XmCvtXmStringToCT converts a compound string to a (char *) string in compound text format. The application must call XtAppInitialize before calling this function. The converter uses the font list tag associated with a given compound string segment to select a compound text for- mat for that segment. A registry defines a mapping between font list tags and compound text encoding formats. The converter uses the fol- lowing algorithm for each compound string segment: If the compound string segment tag is mapped to XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG in the registry, the converter passes the text of the compound string segment to XmbTextListToTextProperty with an encoding style of XCompoundTextStyle and uses the resulting compound text for that segment. If the compound string segment tag is mapped to an MIT registered charset in the reg- istry, the converter creates the compound text for that segment using the charset (from the registry) and the text of the compound string segment as defined in the X Consortium Standard Compound Text Encoding. If the compound string segment tag is mapped to a charset in the registry that is neither XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG nor an MIT registered charset, the converter creates the compound text for that segment using the charset (from the registry) and the text of the compound string segment as an "extended segment" with a variable number of octets per character. If the compound string segment tag is not mapped in the registry, the result is implementation dependent. Specifies a com- pound string to be converted to compound text. RETURN VALUE
Returns a (char *) string in compound text format. This format is described in the X Consortium Standard Compound Text Encoding. SEE ALSO
XmCvtCTToXmString(3X), XmFontList(3X), XmMapSegmentEncoding(3X), XmRegisterSegmentEncoding(3X), XmString(3X) XmCvtXmStringToCT(3X)