Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with sed one liner
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with sed one liner Post 302570601 by slak0 on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 08:14:38 PM
Old 11-03-2011
Perhaps you could use:
Code:
bash-4.1$ str="a0=bus a1=car a2=truck"
bash-4.1$ nustr=`echo $str | sed "s/a.=//g"`
bash-4.1$ echo $nustr

I think the problem of occurrence is the use of the "^".

Last edited by Franklin52; 11-04-2011 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples, thank you
This User Gave Thanks to slak0 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed one-liner to print specific lines?

I need to print specific lines from a file, say 2-5, 8, 12-15, 17, 19, 21-27. How do I achieve this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

a very basic sed one-liner...that isn't working :-(

Greetings all. :) I would like to use sed to join all non-blank lines together in a particular file. I was thinking I could do this by simply replacing the terminating, new-line character on every line which is not blank, but I must be missing something in my sed line: $ sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveB-in-LV
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarification needed for a SED one liner

I want to use SED to replace all new line characters of a file, I googled and found this one liner sed '{:q;N;s/\n//g;t q}' infile what do :q;N; and t q mean in this script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED | Awk flat file one liner

sed awk one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jap2614
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please explain this sed one liner

Can anyone explain the below sed oneliner? sed -e ':a' -e '$q;N;11,$D;ba' It works same as tail command. I just want to know how it works. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 PM ---------- Moderators, Can you please delete this thread?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed one liner simialr to tail command

Can anyone explain the below sed oneliner? sed -e ':a' -e '$q;N;11,$D;ba' It works same as tail command. I just want to know how it works. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed one-liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: AAA234 BBB678 CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? AAA234 Thing1 BBB678 Thing2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or sed one liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: XXXX AAA234 XXXX BBB678 XXXX CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? XXXX AAA234... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one Liner option -e

Hi, I have the following command.(Delete all trailing blank lines at the end of a file.) sed -e :a -e '/^\n*$/{$d;N;ba' -e '}' I don't understand the logic of this command and also I don't understand why -e is used. Can you please let me know the logic of this command and why three -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
5 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux