Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How iptables directs to localhost in this series of iptable rules Post 302570599 by otheus on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 07:10:08 PM
Old 11-03-2011
Did you look at the flowchart/visuals i linked to?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Iptables rules at boot

Hi I have small home network and I want to block some forums on web When I use this iptables -A INPUT -s forum -j DROP rules is applied but when I restart some of PC rules are not present any more also I tried to save firewall settings iptables-save > /root/dsl.fw but how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Editing rules on iptables

Hello, I was playing around with iptables to setup an isolated system. On a SLES10 system, I ran the below to setup my first draft of rules. I noticed that the rules come into effect immediately and do not require any restart of iptables. iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT iptables -A OUTPUT -m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

iptables rules (ubuntu)

Could someone help me with writing rules for iptables? I need a dos attacks protection for a game server. port type udp ports 27015:27030 interface: eth0 Accept all packets from all IPs Chek if IP sent more than 50 packets per second Drop all packets from this IP for 5 minutes I would be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greenice
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

iptables Rules for my network

Hi Champs i am new in Iptables and trying to write rules for my Samba server.I took some help from internet, created one script and run from rc.local : #Allow loopback iptables -I INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT # Accept packets from Trusted network iptables -A INPUT -s my-network/subnet -j... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

5. Web Development

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] directs to /var/www not ~/public_html

Hi all, Exactly like my title says. I am learning PHP and MySQL and I used to use /var/www/ to host (contain or store) my files (.htm/.php) for testing. I could configure, finally, apache2 to use ~/public_html instead. Now I when I tried to use $_SERVER it still directs (I used echo to show... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
7 Replies

6. Proxy Server

IPtable rules for DNS/http/https traffic for specific hosts only, not working.

Hi there, I have a VPS and am working on a little side project for myself and friend which is a DNS proxy. Everything was great till recently. My VPS IP has been detected by some botnet or something, and I believe SMURF attacks are occuring. The VPS provider keeps shutting down my VPS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi0x
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables help with rules

Hi, I've been struggling with this all morning and seem to have a blind spot on what the problem is. I'm trying to use iptables to block traffic on a little cluster of raspberry pi's but to allow ssh and ping traffic within it. The cluster has a firewall server with a wifi card connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Need help for iptables rules

Hello, I did 2 scripts. The second one is, I hope, more secure. What do you think? Basic connection (no server, no router, no DHCP and the Ipv6 is disabled) #######script one #################### iptables -F iptables -X -t filter iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P FORWARD... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thomas342
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

iptables - formatting icmp rules

Hi, I am relatively new to firewalls and netfilter. I have a Debian Stretch router box running dnsmasq, connected to a VPN. Occasionally dnsmasq polls all of the desired DNS servers to select the fastest. When it does this it responds to replies of the non-selected DNS servers with a icmp type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CrazyDave
0 Replies
XdbeGetVisualInfo(3)						    X FUNCTIONS 					      XdbeGetVisualInfo(3)

NAME
XdbeGetVisualInfo - Get dbe Visual Informations SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xdbe.h> XdbeScreenVisualInfo *XdbeGetVisualInfo( Display *dpy, Drawable *screen_specifiers, int *num_screens) DESCRIPTION
This function returns information about which visuals support double buffering. The argument num_screens specifies how many elements there are in the screen_specifiers list. Each drawable in screen_specifiers designates a screen for which the supported visuals are being requested. If num_screens is zero, information for all screens is requested. In this case, upon return from this function, num_screens will be set to the number of screens that were found. If an error occurs, this function returns NULL, else it returns a pointer to a list of XdbeScreenVisualInfo structures of length num_screens. The nth element in the returned list corresponds to the nth drawable in the screen_specifiers list, unless num_screens was passed in with the value zero, in which case the nth element in the returned list corre- sponds to the nth screen of the server, starting with screen zero. The XdbeScreenVisualInfo structure has the following fields: int count XdbeVisualInfo *visinfo count specifies the number of items in visinfo. visinfo specifies a list of visuals, depths, and performance hints for this screen. The XdbeVisualInfo structure has the following fields: VisualID visual int depth int perflevel visual specifies one visual ID that supports double-buffering. depth specifies the depth of the visual. perflevel is a performance hint. The only operation defined on a perflevel is comparison to a perflevel of another visual on the same screen. The visual having the higher perflevel is likely to have better double-buffering graphics performance than the visual having the lower perflevel. Nothing can be deduced from the following: the magnitude of the difference of two perflevels, a perflevel value in isolation, or comparing perflevels from different servers. ERRORS
BadDrawable One or more values passed in screen_specifiers is not a valid drawable. SEE ALSO
DBE, XdbeAllocateBackBufferName(), XdbeBeginIdiom(), XdbeDeallocateBackBufferName(), XdbeEndIdiom(), XdbeFreeVisualInfo(), XdbeGetBack- BufferAttributes(), XdbeQueryExtension(), XdbeSwapBuffers(). X Version 11 libXext 1.3.2 XdbeGetVisualInfo(3)