Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut the some part in filename Post 302570568 by Franklin52 on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 03:39:09 PM
Old 11-03-2011
Without external external commands:

Code:
var="/a/b/c/d/e/xyz.dat"

path=${var%/*}

file=${var##*/}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

part of a filename

Hi, I need to extract only a part of the filenames of some files. The files are named this way : .tap_profile_SIT02 I want the "SIT02" part, which is not the same for each file. I was able to get what I want with bash, but not with ksh. Here is the command I used in bash : find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting the part of a filename

I like to have the date in the 2008-09-01 format at the beginning of my filenames. I then hyphenate after that and then have my filename. I have a script that creates this for me. However, I may be working on files that already have the date format already in there and so I don't want to have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with cut part 2..

Hi, I have this file name : xxx.77876767575.abc.77887.iiii If to get only the xxx i will need to do this command: i=xxx.77876767575.abc.77887.iiii name=`echo $i |cut -f1 -d "."` How do i get 77876767575.abc.77887.iiii without xxx in front? Please advice. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strip part from filename

I've many file like this 01-file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01-file I would remove bold part from filename. Suggestions?Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut filename extension

I need a small script (sh) to remove in a variable the filename extension. Example: f = "testfile.txt" and I need a $a with "testfile". Some one a idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Essbaumer
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

8. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the filename

Hi , I've the following file names and i need the part of the file name The files are like below FN_DATE_TODAY_20010178654321.txt FN_DATE_LASTDAY_19990178654321.txt and i need to cut the filenames like below FN_DATE_TODAY FN_DATE_LASTDAY How can i achieve that Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing part of filename

Hi guys! I have quite a lot of files like all_10001_ct1212307460308.alf* and I want to get rid of the first number for all at once like: all_ct1212307460308.alf* How can I do this in the shell? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimmyTiz
12 Replies
SCROLLKEEPER-REBUILDDB(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 SCROLLKEEPER-REBUILDDB(8)

NAME
scrollkeeper-rebuilddb - rebuild the scrollkeeper document catalog database SYNOPSIS
scrollkeeper-rebuilddb [-p path ] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
This rebuilds the ScrollKeeper database from the original OMF metadata files and documents. Under normal situations, this tool is not nec- essary. It is useful however if the database becomes corrupt, which could be caused by interruption of ScrollKeeper during an update of the database. Errors and warnings are logged to /var/log/scrollkeeper.log. OPTIONS
-p path Use path as the ScrollKeeper database directory. -v Verbose. Show warnings and error messages in addition to logging them to /var/log/scrollkeeper.log. -q Run in quiet mode, suppressing output of all but the most serious warning and error messages to STDOUT. Note that most output to the log file will be unchanged. FILES
/var/lib/scrollkeeper/scrollkeeper_docs /var/lib/scrollkeeper/TOC/<docnumber> /var/lib/scrollkeeper/<locale>/scrollkeeper_cl.xml /var/lib/scrollkeeper/<locale>/scrollkeeper_extended_cl.xml /var/log/scrollkeeper.log AUTHOR
Laszlo Kovacs <laszlo.kovacs@sun.com> Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> SEE ALSO
scrollkeeper-config(1), scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid(1), scrollkeeper.conf(5), scrollkeeper(7), scrollkeeper-preinstall(8), scrollkeeper- update(8) scrollkeeper Dec 5, 2001 SCROLLKEEPER-REBUILDDB(8)