Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut the some part in filename Post 302570548 by felipe.vinturin on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 02:54:32 PM
Old 11-03-2011
Maybe:
Code:
# pathAndFile="/a/b/c/d/e/xyz.dat"
# dirname "${pathAndFile}"
/a/b/c/d/e
# basename "${pathAndFile}"
xyz.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

part of a filename

Hi, I need to extract only a part of the filenames of some files. The files are named this way : .tap_profile_SIT02 I want the "SIT02" part, which is not the same for each file. I was able to get what I want with bash, but not with ksh. Here is the command I used in bash : find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting the part of a filename

I like to have the date in the 2008-09-01 format at the beginning of my filenames. I then hyphenate after that and then have my filename. I have a script that creates this for me. However, I may be working on files that already have the date format already in there and so I don't want to have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with cut part 2..

Hi, I have this file name : xxx.77876767575.abc.77887.iiii If to get only the xxx i will need to do this command: i=xxx.77876767575.abc.77887.iiii name=`echo $i |cut -f1 -d "."` How do i get 77876767575.abc.77887.iiii without xxx in front? Please advice. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strip part from filename

I've many file like this 01-file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01-file I would remove bold part from filename. Suggestions?Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut filename extension

I need a small script (sh) to remove in a variable the filename extension. Example: f = "testfile.txt" and I need a $a with "testfile". Some one a idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Essbaumer
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

8. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the filename

Hi , I've the following file names and i need the part of the file name The files are like below FN_DATE_TODAY_20010178654321.txt FN_DATE_LASTDAY_19990178654321.txt and i need to cut the filenames like below FN_DATE_TODAY FN_DATE_LASTDAY How can i achieve that Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing part of filename

Hi guys! I have quite a lot of files like all_10001_ct1212307460308.alf* and I want to get rid of the first number for all at once like: all_ct1212307460308.alf* How can I do this in the shell? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimmyTiz
12 Replies
geom(1) 																   geom(1)

NAME
geom - analyzes a molecular geometry input in Cartesian coordinates. DESCRIPTION
The program geom reads a set of Cartesian coordinates and determines from them the bond distances (Bohr and angstrom), bond angles, tor- sional angles, out-of-plane angles (optional), moments of inertia, and rotational constants. FILES REQUIRED
input.dat - Input file and one of the following: geom.dat - geometry file file11.dat - PSI-format geometry/gradient file FILES GENERATED
geom.out - file containing the analysis INPUT OPTIONS
The geom program has the following options: -h Print help information (these options). -aces [filename] Read the input in an ACES output format, with each line consisting of atomic symbol, atomic number, and Cartesian coordinates (in Bohr). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -qchem [filename] Read the input in an QCHEM output format, with each line consisting of the atom number, the atomic symbol, and Cartesian coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -xyz [filename] Read the input in an XYZ output format. The first line contains the number of atoms and the second line is a comment line. Subse- quent lines each contain the atomic symbol and Cartesian X Y and Z coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -oop Print out-of-plane angles, where the angle a-b-c-d is defined as the angle formed by the vector a-d and the plane defined by atoms b, c, and d. DO_OOP = boolean Same as command-line switch -oop described above. ISOTOPES = matrix of reals/strings Used to specify masses to be used in the calculation of the center of mass and rotational constants. One array is provided for each isotopomer to be calculated. The arrays can mix floating point numbers with strings which designate isotopes. If this array is not given and file11.dat is present, then the masses will be obtained by converting the atomic numbers in file11. If masses are not given by ISOTOPES or by file11, then no mass-related quantities will be calculated. -g [filename] Read Cartesian coordinates from a file other than file11.dat. If a filename is not given, the default is geom.dat. The alternative file is assumed to be in a format similar to that of PSI's geom.dat. Since such files do not contain atomic numbers, the moments of inertia and rotational constants are not calculated if this option is used. READ_GEOM = boolean This option in input.dat tells geom to read the geometry from geom.dat in the PSI geom.dat format. -a Print parameters for all pair distances. PRINT_ALL_DIST = boolean Same as -a flag described above. -d distance Only print parameters involving pairs of atoms which are less than distance bohr apart (default value is 4.0 bohr). PRINT_DISTANCE = value Same as -d flag described above. -angstrom The input coordinates are in angstroms, not bohr. ANGSTROM = boolean If TRUE, the input coordinates are in angstroms instead of bohr. The default is FALSE. The following example is for calculating the geometrical information for water with several different isotopes. The geometry is read from geom.dat rather than from file11.dat. geom: ( read_geom = true isotopes = ( (O H H) (O D D) (O18 1.007825 1.007825) ) ) 5 June, 1998 geom(1)