Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Look back file days in PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Look back file days in PERL Post 302570314 by zaxxon on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 02:44:18 AM
Old 11-03-2011
Ok, do you mind posting your code (using code tags) so people can try to see where the problem is?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Getting back reference from s modifier

My input text has the following pattens: func_a(3, 4, 5); I want to replace it with this: func_b(3, 4, 5, 6); I'm trying the following expression, but it does not work: perl -p -e "s/func_a\((.*)?\);/func_b(\1,\n6)/s" <... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Opening a filehandle but not getting anything back from it

I have two perl functions defined, both run a set of shell commands on some somplied data and return hashs of the resulting parsed output from these shell commands. One works, one doesn't and I can't seem to see why. It's driving me insane :mad: The working one: sub getcellstatus { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date& Time change in linux beyond few days back

Hi, Could you please let me know the command to change my date /time beyond few days back. Currently when i am trying the below commands able to go beyond one day at max. -->date -->Mon Sep 29 19:31:58 EST 2008 -->export TZ=TMP40:00:00 (Changing the date beyond 40 hours) -->Sun Sep 28... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: komala
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

back in the good old 7.07 ghostscript days...

back in the good old 7.07 ghostscript days... we had Great results converting pdf to ps output, from the following command: cat $stuff | /usr/local/bin/gs -sDEVICE=ljet4 -q -dNOPAUSE -r200 -sPAPERSIZE=letter -dPDFFitPage -dBATCH -sOutputFile=- - 2> /dev/null | /usr/bin/lp -d $printer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display all dates 200 days back

i need help! can someone help me please? i try to calculate date under unix (ksh)...AIX operating system. I have to find the date 200 days from today's date. then the script should loop 200 times and display on command line every day's date until the current date. example: todays date:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

display all dates 200 days back

i need help! can someone help me please? i try to calculate date under unix (ksh)...AIX operating system. I have to find the date 200 days from today's date. then the script should loop 200 times and display on command line every day's date until the current date. example: todays date:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

days difference perl

Hi I have the following issue. the headeer in the file contains as follows IMAHDR tsmdsl01 EMBS_DAT 20120911 20120911 233656S000000000000000 001 So the fifth field in the header is a string that represents the file arrival date.(20120911) yyyyMMDD I just need to compare... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me days to a date string in PERL

Please help me n days to a date string in PERL. Date is of the format YYYYMMDD ---------- Post updated at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:54 AM ---------- Add n days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux froze and got back working 5 days later, no reboot.

Hello my friends, I've come across the weirdest of glitches. I'm running a simple weather monitor (just temperature) on a Raspbeery Pi 3B (Raspbian Linux 4.14.98-v7+). It has a 3G modem that sends out simple packets to my server at home. On june 5th I lost remote access to the device.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmahaWiz
1 Replies
strclean(1M)															      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - remove outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
logdir] age] DESCRIPTION
cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver, strlog(7). If the option is not used to specify another directory, removes error log files in the directory. If the option is not used to specify another age, removes error log files that have not been modified in three days. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. EXAMPLES
Remove day-old error log files from a directory called FILES
One or more error log file or files on which operates. The mm-dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strerr(1M), strlog(7). strclean(1M)