Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files Post 302570275 by kowit010 on Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 09:39:54 PM
Old 11-02-2011
Computer Thank you (again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowit010
All done! Thank you for the advice and kind words from those who posted on this thread! SmilieSmilie

Oh yes, and the mods can be assured I will give the proper credit on my hand-ins for the help here
I just received the grade back for this assignment: 100%!!

Thanks again!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling one function from another shell script

i have a function defined in one ksh (ksh 1) i want to use that function in another ksh (ksh 2) i am using . $<directoryname>/<ksh name> i am calling the function defined in ksh 1 in ksh 2 i want the returnstatus from the above operation but it is not executing the function what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma shell script

Hi, I have searched the forum for the query, But i didnt find an exact answer. I have a script(1.sh) and a c program(sample.c) sample.c contains many function definitions.( run(), find(), add() etc). I want to call functions in sample.c from 1.sh and use the return value in 1.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma Perl script

Hi All, How can we call a c function from a perl script? Is it the same way as we do for shell script ? Thanks in advance JS (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a function in Shell script troubleshooting

Some Code After Some code part is executed the control doesnt go to rvin_doxx_scrt.. and the script exits rvin_doxx_scrt() { Some Code } if (som code) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to load data by calling sqlldr

Hello all, I know this is Unix forum, but i also know that there are some experts here who can help me out with this situation; I am loading a data file into oracle table using Perl script by calling sqlldr script. It does not do anything, and no data is getting loaded. Any help,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function in cpp file inside shell script

Hi I need to call a function written in a cpp file with arguments inside the shell script..Can anyone help me how to do this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for Calling a function and writing all its contents to a file

I have a function which does awk proceessing sub mergeDescription { system (q@awk -F'~' ' NR == FNR { A = $1 B = $2 C = $0 next } { n = split ( C, V, "~" ) if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a function in shell scripting to execute sql files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and i need to write a automation script to execute sql files. I need to check the table if it is there in system tables and need to write a function to call the .sql files. For ex. I have a.sql,b.sql,c.sql files, where the sql file contains DELETE and INSERT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies
sem_post(2)							System Calls Manual						       sem_post(2)

NAME
sem_post - unlock a POSIX semaphore SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is used to post the semaphore referenced by sem. The calling thread will not return from its call to unless it can either: increment the semaphore value, if there are no blocked threads on this semaphore; give the semaphore to a blocked thread, if there are any blocked threads on this semaphore; or have an error condition. If the semaphore value is < 0, the semaphore has blocked threads, waiting for it to become available (the absolute value of the semaphore's value indicates the number of waiters at that moment). If the semaphore value is >= 0, the semaphore has no waiters. If the semaphore has no waiters at the time its value is checked, the semaphore's value will be atomically incremented, with respect to the checking of its value, up to its maximum value as specified by If the semaphore has waiters at the time its value is checked, the semaphore value is not changed. Instead, the calling thread will attempt to wake up a waiter. If the semaphore has waiters having realtime priori- ties, the thread must wake up the highest priority waiter. Otherwise the thread at the head of the channel queue is woken up. When a waiter is successfully woken, the semaphore being posted will be given to the woken waiter. In other words, the state of the sema- phore remains unchanged. Instead, the semaphore being posted will be inherited by the waiter being woken from this call to If the specified semaphore referred to by sem is a named semaphore, then this semaphore must have been opened by the calling process with The calling process must have both read and write permissions on the semaphore to perform this operation. The routine may be called asyn- chronously, i.e. from a signal handler. To use this function, link in the realtime library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. EXAMPLES
The following call to will post the semaphore sem. RETURN VALUE
A successful call to will return 0 and the calling thread would have posted the semaphore. Otherwise, the call to will return -1 with errno set to the appropriate value of the error condition. ERRORS
fails and does not perform the requested operation if any of the following conditions are encountered: [EPERM] The calling process does not have the privileges necessary to post the semaphore. [EINVAL] The argument sem does not refer to a valid semaphore. SEE ALSO
<semaphore.h>. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
sem_post(2)