Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root Post 302570113 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 12:09:20 PM
Old 11-02-2011
Which bits are we stuck with? Selecting expired users or the e-mail?

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail to a UNIX machine to my Lotus Notes

Hi, I'am new in system administration, and I would like to send file from my UNIX machine running on Aix 4.3.3 to the Lotus Notes V5 mail of my colleagues . So I heard about the sendmail command, but I don't know excatly how to use it for send my files . Please if you have a idea, help me !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check my hard disk is below 10%, and then send mail to superuser

how to write bash to superuser, when the disk space dips below 10% of the total by automatically sending an email? It is have any sample for reference (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

5. AIX

Cannot send mail to root@localhost but can externally

hello, I need to configure our AIX 5.3 to relay mail to exchange. I have got this working with no issues yet, I can not send mail to root@localhost. # uname -a AIX Blade1 3 5 0000E6DAD400 # oslevel -s 5300-07-01-0748 # mailq /var/spool/mqueue (2 requests)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check postfix deferred mail and send notification script

Hi Guys, I have a postfix server which is deferring emails. Now I need to send notification to a specific email address if: The sender of the deferred email is: abc@example.com Contains specific subjects: a file (/opt/subjects) contains all the subjects in place Then need to send a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxrulz
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to check local accounts have root and user access rights ?

Hi, I have three servers,For 3 servers how i can take output,all the local accounts and details of whether the access is Root or User access. cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write this script:- check output word and send a mail?

Hi Guys, I am not Good at scripting. I need to write a script such that if output of command shows the particular word in output then send mail to abc@compay.com -bash-3.2$ ps -ef | grep bpbkar root 6040 1 0 13:05:19 ? 0:00 bpbkar -r 2678400 -ru root -dt 47395 -to 0... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
20 Replies
lppasswd(1)							    Apple Inc.							       lppasswd(1)

NAME
lppasswd - add, change, or delete digest passwords. SYNOPSIS
lppasswd [ username ] lppasswd -a [ -g groupname ] username lppasswd -x username DESCRIPTION
lppasswd adds, changes, or deletes passwords in the CUPS digest password file, passwd.md5. When run by a normal user, lppasswd will prompt for the old and new passwords. When run by the super-user, lppasswd can add new accounts (-a username), change existing accounts (user- name), or delete accounts (-x username) in the digest password file. Digest usernames do not have to match local UNIX usernames. OPTIONS
lppasswd supports the following options: -g groupname Specifies a group other than the default system group. SECURITY ISSUES
By default, the lppasswd program is not installed to allow ordinary users to change their passwords. To enable this, the lppasswd command must be made setuid to root with the command: chmod u+s lppasswd While every attempt has been made to make lppasswd secure against exploits that could grant super-user privileges to unprivileged users, paranoid system administrators may wish to use Basic authentication with accounts managed by PAM instead. SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpr(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 22 February 2008 CUPS lppasswd(1)