Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search_Replace with a Carriage Return Post 302570104 by leepet01 on Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 11:44:50 AM
Old 11-02-2011
I'm working this through Exceed on Demand. It might be a display issue, but this script will be deployed globally and all that will be using it will be seeing what I'm seeing.

Using the "sed -e 's/:/\n\t/g' " removed the ":" but didn't place a new line. However, the tr command worked.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

carriage return stamp online

hi all, someone knows why the carriare return on txseries-aix don't work? exsample: i have: 01 TESTATA-INIZIO. 03 TESTA-NL1 PIC X. 03 R-TESTA1. 05 FILLER PIC X(70) VALUE SPACE. 05 DATA-ST1 PIC... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tullo
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

carriage return/line feeds

Hello, I have a file that has got carriage returns in it and I want to take them out. Anyone know how I can do this in a ksh? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitstop
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture carriage return.

I try to test the carriage return in a variable. $ LENGTH=`expr $VARIABLE : ".*"` will return the length of the variable. But this doesn't work if $VARIABLE has zero length. Any help will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance. Giovanni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dont want carriage return

I have observed with print & echo, they produce carriage return <CR> or newline, after they display string next to them. Is there anyway to avoide these <CR> after the intended string is displayed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

carriage return and linefeed

hi can anyone please tell me the difference between carriage return, linefeed and newline ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfi8er
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove carriage return in a record

Hi all gurus, I need help in removing carriage return existed within a record delimited by pipe <|>. Sample: A_01|Test1|Testing1|Remarks1 A_02|Test2|Test ing2|Remarks2 A_03|Test3|Testing3| Remarks3 Desire output: A_01|Test1|Testing1|Remarks1 A_02|Test2|Testing2|Remarks2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 carriage return within a record

Hi all, need your help in replacing carriage return in a record. Input: col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10 1|aa|bb|cc|dd|eee eee|ff|ggggg|hh hhh|iii 2|zz|yy|xx|ww|vv|uu|tt|ss|rr Output: col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carriage return ksh

Hello, How do i usecarriage return in ksh. I want to do an echo "bla bla" and another echo "bla bla" will appear and replace the first echo on screen. I tried: until ; do echo "bla bla \r" done please advice. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute \n with carriage return

Hello all, I've a flat file in the following format: AB\001\CDED\001\ABC\001\nEG\001\HIJF\001\EFG\001\nHI\003\HIUL\003\HIJ\003 And I want to substitute \n with the carriage return. Any help is appreciated! Regards, - Seth (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove carriage return

I need to remove the carriage return comes inbetween the record. Need to have CR only at the end. I used the below command. tr -d '\n' < filewithcarriagereturns > filewithoutcarriagereturns But its removing all the CR and giving one line output. Input File: 12345 abcdegh... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srvn_saru
11 Replies
asadmin-list-sub-components(1AS)				   User Commands				  asadmin-list-sub-components(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-sub-components, list-sub-components - Lists EJBs or Servlets in a deployed module or in a module of a deployed application SYNOPSIS
list-sub-components --user admin_user [--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive ] [--appname app_name] module_name list-sub-components lists your EJBs or Servlets in a deployed module or in a module of the deployed application. If a module is not identi- fied, all modules are listed. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --appname name of the application. OPERANDS
module_name name of the module containing the sub-component. Example 1: Using list-sub-components asadmin> list-sub-components --appname sampleApp mymodule sampleApp application EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-deploy(1AS), asadmin-deploydir(1AS), asadmin-undeploy(1AS), asadmin-enable(1AS), asadmin-disable(1AS), asadmin-list-components(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-sub-components(1AS)