Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How use export
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How use export Post 302569934 by NewBe on Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 05:12:23 AM
Old 11-02-2011
How use export

Hello,

I'm trying to use export for non use "./" when I execute a program.

I mean "program" in place of "./program"

I tried this:

export doit=program

But doesn't work the answer is:

doit command not found

Then, I see the variables using export, and I can see:

Code:

declare -x doit="program"

Why not run the program?

Cheers from spain!!!

S.O. Ubuntu 10.4.2 Desktop 64 bit
Shell: Bash

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags <- click the link!

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-02-2011 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

export-dynamic

I load some dynamic libraries from main module (with dlopen). These libraries use 1 function from main module, therefore in Makefile I must use gcc -g -Wl,--export-dynamic,-rpath,./lib -o not not.o db.o -ldl -ldb -lpcap Note option --export-dynamic that is passed to the ELF linker. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export only last two fields?

export only last two fields? here is my test file, with variable length of fields, each line is composed of letter only, and each line has at least 2 fields, fields were separated by dot (.) abcd.abc.mlm dft.dfasdf.bmk.kdjlka ksdfalksdjfsl.tyu.ml kasdjf.asdfkja.asdfj.asdf.df.m lja.ml... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with EXPORT

hi, :) I created a main script called "Paymain.prg" ( /proj/paymain.prg) In this script i created two variables as follows MASTER=/HOME/emaster.dbf TRAN=/HOME/etran.dbf Aftre that i exported that two variables EXPORT MASTER TRAN But when i use these two variable in another script calld... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export???

I am trying to export the variable OBJ2 and set it to done. Can some one please let me how to do this? I have tried editing my .bashrc file with this echo <VARIABLE_NAME>=<"OBJ2"> But that wont seem to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justinkase
1 Replies

5. BSD

How to export

Hi I need to export some directpry path like below: var1=/<>/<>/<> export var1 This is my basic idea. I tried export var1=/<>/<>/<> after executing this in a shell i did an echo of the var1. But nothing happened. Can you please help me with this. I need to srite a script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

About export

Hi all, I am calling a script from main script. The called script (second script) have to return some value, i can use exit to pass but in exit i have to pass some other value. i used "export Var", but this command resides in a function of second script. could you please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

export. I know it, but...

Hello, I have the following command at the "Shell": export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin I know what "export" does and the ANT_HOME part. But, regarding the following part: ${PATH} What is "PATH" Supposed to be here. In other words, what is the value of "PATH". As far as for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SWEngineer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable

Hi I have a pass a variable from one script to another. Here are my scripts Script #1 ./profile #!/bin/sh export NAME="Hello" Script #2 ./test #!/bin/sh ./profile echo $NAME when I run ./test .. i am not getting anything .. why is that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle export

Hi Experts , Does anybody know the sheel scripts , which exports oracle tables into xls files . Thanks for your feedback. Regards Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heisonline
1 Replies

10. AIX

nfs export

Hi How to export a file system from my aix box named ABC in such a way that everyone on the network should be able to import it When on the client side if they give showmount -e ABC it should show like this: # showmount -e ABC export list for ABC: /sybase/software (everyone) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)