Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct Post 302569813 by DreamWarrior on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 03:51:29 PM
Old 11-01-2011
Agreed with Corona, and I was going to make the same statement, but not seeing the rest of the code, and under the assumption it works, I figured maybe it was memory mapping the file to some fixed address location. That'd allow the pointer values to be stored and actually work so long as they only pointed to an address within the memory mapped region.

That said, I have no idea if the code is actually doing this. And, I must admit, for a properties file it's fetched.

As for the OP, I think you're generally misguided regarding what the code is doing. That struct is unlikely to be stored directly in the file. I'd dig a little deeper in the code and figure out what is reading and writing the file's data.

Better, why don't you just post what the file looks like; with that information we could probably immediately tell you whether or not that exact structure is stored verbatim in the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

struct tm problem

I receive an integer as argument for a function. within function definition i want it to be of type struct tm. eg.. main() { int a; ...... } function(...,..,a,..) int a; { struct tm tm; if(!a) ^ time(&a); ^ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

2. Programming

Problem accessing struct member

I have a struct as follows... struct A { int a; ucontext_t X; //ucontext_t is another structure } How do I define a pointer to the above structure variable X of the type ucontext_t from within another function? eg. void foo() { struct A a; /////WHAT COMES IN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

3. Programming

writing binary/struct data to file

I am trying to write binary data to a file. My program below: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> struct tinner { int j; int k; }; struct touter { int i; struct tinner *inner; }; int main() { struct touter data; data.i = 10; struct tinner... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with netfilter hook function struct skbuff *sock is null..

iam trying to built a firewall.so i have used netfilter for it. in function main_hook sock_buff is returning null and in my log file continuously "sock buff null" is printed plse help to solve this problem.. (using print_string iam printing strings on current terminal (terminal we ping)) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan6754
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access a struct within a struct?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Just a thought that entered my mind when learning about structs. First thought was: struct one { struct two; } struct two { three; } one->two->three would this be how you would access "three"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbelievable21
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

7. Programming

Can't assign struct variable in header file

Hi guys. I have a header file including a structure like this: typedef struct { int index = -1; stack_node *head; } stack; But when compiling with cc it shows error at the assignment line (int index = -1): error: expected ‘:', ‘,', ‘;', ‘}' or ‘__attribute__' before ‘=' token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem defining a struct

I have the following code and getting the compilation errors baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:80: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:89: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:101:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Programming

search file and put into struct

hi everybody, I need some help with some programming. I need to write a file that can search in a text file and read the whole line into a struct. the struct = struct Transistor { char chType; char chFabrikant; float fPrijs; enum Transistor_Behuizing { empty,TO18, TO39,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
8 Replies

10. Programming

Python Results Converted To C Struct Header File

I created python code that produce output in the form of: moses-red-sea=1.00.03 genesis-snake=2.03 deliverance=5.0.010 I need to take this output and create a "C" header file and have it look like this: struct { char *name; char *fixed_version; } filename_versions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
7 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)