Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux mail format problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux mail format problem Post 302569797 by fundoo.code on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 03:02:21 PM
Old 11-01-2011
Quote:
Code:
xargs -0 -I arg echo -e arg  < input_file | mail -s...

--ahamed
Thanks a lot
This seems to be working for most of the scenario except html.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail format problems

Hi, I have a script that runs off the cron and creates a report, carries out a few checks and then sends the info in a email (i'm using mailx). To exectute the sending from the script all I do is, cat $reportfile | mailx -s "The Subject" my.email@work.com When I test running this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail format problem:

i need to send 2 diff mail in a single script:Below the script #!/bin/ksh echo "enter the number" read num if then mail -s "test" unix@yahoo.com mail -s "test" 9886767000@nma.vodafone.in,9916138003@nma.vodafone.in else echo "test again" fi... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

redhat linux mail server problem

we are using redhat linux,configured the postfix as mail server and outlook is used as mail client.whenever the user opens outlook it is start downloading all the mails from the server. Example : If a user has 50 mails in the server,whenever he opens the outlook the outlook will start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh2k3
0 Replies

5. Linux

problem to format linux partition

hi friends one week ago, i have installed fedoa 9 on my home pc. i already have windows xp on that machine. unfortunately my windows xp has corrupted. again i want to install windows xp but it is not installing. will i format my linux partition or some other option is there. please help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

problem in linux ubuntu 10.10 about mail command

Hi, My question is that is there any substitute command for mail in ubuntu because I'm trying to run it and it is showing error: command not found!! Will it need to download any specific package? If so please tell me how can I download that pkg. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nageshgautam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem with mail commands & format

1. I generated a log for the script. log: abc def ghi ijk If I use general (plain text) format for mail sending, it was displaying correctly with new lines where I have. Eg: abc def ghi ijk But I tried with HTML format using the code: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem with mail utility on linux

Hi, I am facing problem with "mail" utility on redhat linux. If I use ~c in a file and use that file as imput to mail, the mail is not sent to the adrress after ~c. Instead ~c apears in the mail content itself. $ mail a@mycompany.com < temp $ cat temp ~c abc@mycompany.com this is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Format Issues

Hi All, I 'm trying to find a way to send my contents of a file as a body of email in the format shown below. However, the format of the contents are messed up when I receive the email. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To have a mail in tabular format

Hello Guys, developing a monitoring shell script to have my queue depth count over mail . here is the sample input file to the script which has all the queue names 1 : DISPLAY QUEUE(*) WHERE (CURDEPTH GT 0) ZFC8409: Display Queue details. QUEUE(QL.GVR.ATA.CACHE.01) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wims
10 Replies
away(1) 							   User Manuals 							   away(1)

NAME
away - terminal locking program SYNOPSIS
away [OPTIONS] message [...] DESCRIPTION
away is a simple program that locks your terminal, checks for new mail in any given number of mailboxes, and lets other users know why you are inactive. OPTIONS
-c, --mail Enable checking of mail. -C, --nomail Disable checking of mail. -f, --rcfile=FILE Specify an alternative configuration file instead of the default ~/.awayrc file. -F, --norcfile Ignore user configuration file. -h, --help Display help. -m, --message Execute as the remainder of the command line, effectively stripping off the executable name and additional switches. -p, --persist Continue checking for new mail as long as there is at least one mailbox that has not received new mail. -P, --nopersist Stop checking mail if any mailbox is found to have new mail. -t, --time=SECONDS Set the number of second that away sleeps before performing its background tasks. Presently, the only background task that away will perform is the checking of mailboxes. -T, --notime Ignore any options to set the time interval and use the default number of seconds. -v, --version Display version information. FILES
~/.awayrc Per user configuration file. See awayrc(5) for further details. /etc/pam.d/away The Linux-PAM configuration file. BUGS
Bug reports should be sent to the away mailing list <away@unbeatenpath.net>. SEE ALSO
awayrc(5) AUTHORS
Cameron Moore <cameron@unbeatenpath.net>, and others. Linux November 2000 away(1)