Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using sed to round a number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed to round a number Post 302569659 by muralikri on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 07:06:58 AM
Old 11-01-2011
i want only number values,not character...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to round a value

Hello, In a unix shell script,i want to round a variabele to a nearest number Ex: set count=104.4 How can i round that to 105.? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

round in KSH

Is there an easy way to round a number up in Korn shell? ie. 10.4 --> 11 Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

round a number

In a shell script - How do I round a decimal number (contained in a variable) to the nearest whole number? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: achieve
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round the column value :

Hi .... Iam having the file ....in which 3rd column is numerical having 8 decimal part... i want that to cut to 2 decimal part ... Source File : E100|0|19940.10104030|0|1ABC E103|1|19942.10195849|3|0ABC E100|0|19943.10284858|0|1ABC I want to be ...... Reulst: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round with awk

Hi, I have a problem. Basically I dont know how to use awk. I have a script (below) which works fine. What I want to do is somehow "pipe" in the input say 4.5 and have it give the anwer, I dont want ot have to type it in, since it will be running in a script. Any ideas how to do this???? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnnaLynn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

it's urgent ! round number in perl scripting

my $number = 12.345673412 I need 3 digits after decimal or after dot(.) i mean , i need only 12.345 I used int(), ceil(), floor() but it gives me only 12 I need it. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round up the decimals

Hi All, I would like to do the following in the shell script 561.76 to 562 I tried using this echo 'scale=0; 749 * 75 /100 ' | bc but just returned only 561 Please help me . I appreciate your help Thanks rajeevm (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to round up value upto 2 decimal places using sed?

Please help me in rounding up value upto 2 decimal palces using sed command #!/usr/bin/bash a=15.42 b=13.33 c=`echo $a*$b |bc -l` echo $c above code is is giving output "205.5486" but i want the output as "205.55" Thank you... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round off Number in File

Hi Guys, i am having a csv file where i need to round off numerical column to 2 decimal precision in specific columns. i need to ignore the first two line i.e the header columns and manipulate rest of the lines of the csv file. My columns are specific i.e i need to round off only 2nd,4th and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
ctype(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  ctype(3)

Name
       isalpha,  isupper,  islower,  isdigit,  isxdigit,  isalnum, isspace, ispunct, isprint, isgraph, iscntrl, isascii - character classification
       macros

Syntax
       #include <ctype.h>

int isalpha (c)

int c;

Description
       These macros classify character-coded integer values according to the rules of the coded character set (codeset)  identified  by  the  last
       successful call to category All macros return non-zero for true and zero for false.

If  category  has  not been called successfully, or if character classification information is not available for a supported language, then
       characters are classified according to the rules of the ASCII 7-bit coded character set, returning 0 for values above octal 0177.

The macro provides a result for all integer values.  The rest provide a result for EOF and values in the character  range  of  the  codeset
       identified by the last successful call to category

c	      is a letter

c	      is an uppercase letter

c	      is a lowercase letter

c	      is a digit

c	      is a hexadecimal digit, by default [0-9], [A-F], or [a-f]

c	      is an alphanumeric character

c	      is a space, tab, carriage return, new line, or form feed

c	      is a punctuation character (neither control, alphanumeric, nor space)

c	      is a printing character, by default code 040(8) (space) through 0176 (tilde)

c	      is a printing character, like except false for space

c	      is a delete character(0177) or ordinary control character (less than 040) except for space characters

c	      is an ASCII character, code less than 0200

International Environment
       LC_CTYPE       If this environment variable is set and valid, uses the international language database named in the definition to determine
		      character classification rules.

LANG	      If this environment variable is set and valid, uses the international language database named in the definition to determine
		      the character classification rules. If is defined, that definition supercedes the definition of

See Also
       conv(3), setlocale(3), stdio(3s), environ(5int), ascii(7)
       Guide to Developing International Software

ctype(3)