Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Career path help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Career path help Post 302569643 by csrohit on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 05:44:48 AM
Old 11-01-2011
Thanks h@foosra.biz.
By the right path I mean if I can get to know about some certifications of Linux/Unix useful for my career.
Please suggest if you know some.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

career help

I just completed my solaris 10 certification, i also plan on learning shell scripting in depth can anyone advise what is the best way to job hunt in this field i have extensive expierience on windows networking and i am based in atlanta, ga Any suggestions??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravx18
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Career Path/Change - Cert Help

This is a very serious post. I am a Cell Technician (Cellular Base Station Tech) who is completely bored because my job has basically evolved into a Field Secretary position. I love working on T1's and troubleshooting equipment outages and so on and so forth but my job has become VERY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoopDeVille
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Career Path

Hi, I've been in the IT field for a few years now, less than 10. I've done a little of everything from database administration, development, systems administration, and unix administration. Although, I wouldnt say I'm a senior level in any of those. Unix definitely stands out in my preferences... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Career path

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Career path help forum

Hi Admins and Moderators, I am already in job for more than 2 years. I need some guidance in deciding the career path. Please suggest what should be the correct forum to post this to ? Rgrds, Rohit Moved thread to appropriate forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Career Path

First I like to say hi to all the people in this community. The reason I am here is because I am lost and looking for advice on my career path. Here is a short history. I worked in the IT industry for about 10 yrs, sys admin, QA, and developer. During 911 I lost my job. Since then I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navy
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path

Hi All, This question is regarding career path. I was not sure about which forum I should drop it, so putting it here. I have 12 years of experience on UNIX i.e. majority of Solaris and some of Linux (Suse & Red Hat). Since starting I have been working on 100% administration side and I am not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path for Admin

Hello, Just wanted to have a suggestion on UNIX carrier path and I couldn't found any proper forum/blog where I can put this question better than this one. I have been working on Solaris from past 13 years and some years on Linux. It was completely on Admin side and never on development or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
DEP3CHANGELOG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  DEP3CHANGELOG(1)

NAME
dep3changelog - generate a changelog entry from a DEP3-style patch header SYNOPSIS
dep3changelog patch [patch ...] [options] [-- [dch_options]] DESCRIPTION
dep3changelog extracts the DEP3 patch headers from the given patch files and builds a changelog entry for each patch. If the patch author differs from the one detected from the DEBEMAIL, NAME, DEBEMAIL, or EMAIL environment variables, "Thanks to author <email>" is added to the changelog entry for that patch. Any bug-debian or bug-ubuntu fields are added as "Closes" to the changelog entry. The generated changelog entries are passed to debchange as an argument along with the given dch_options. OPTIONS
--help, -h Display a help message and exit successfully. --version Display version and copyright information and exit successfully. ENVIRONMENT
DEBEMAIL, EMAIL, DEBFULLNAME, NAME See the above description of the use of these environment variables. AUTHOR
Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> SEE ALSO
debchange(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DEP3CHANGELOG(1)