Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Machine dependent problems when using Sockets. Post 302569578 by ab_tall on Monday 31st of October 2011 10:02:06 PM
Old 10-31-2011
Corona : you were spot on. The FD array was getting corrupted.
The array was dynamically allocated.

However, I tried statically allocating the array and it worked like a charm. The interesting bit is, I reverted back to dynamic so that I could show you the corruption..But now the array doesn't get corrupted...Magically the corruption has disappeared. In such a scenario would you recommend me sticking with a dynamic allocation?

[Removed personal info]

Earlier FD 4 was corrupted and command was being sent to FD 0 instead.

Last edited by ab_tall; 11-06-2011 at 12:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editor dependent error?

Hi all, i did typed the following code in vi and executed it. #!/bin/sh //notice the blank line here. DATA=test echo "$DATA" There was no problem. I then deleted the file using the rm command. I used ultraedit typed in the same file. , FTP it in and i got the following output :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can i make two dependent jobs into cron?

Hi all, How can i make two dependent jobs into crontab? means after the first job the second job should run in a single crontab entry in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgrm without removing the dependent packages

Hi all, Is there any option to remove a package without removing the dependent packages.... ie, i need to remove a package, while trying to remove by using pkgrm command it says as some dependent packages also will get removed, i dont want to remove those dependent packages. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: judi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting problems - Commands not on local machine

Hello all- I have done a lot of searching tonight, but all leads seem to be dead ends. Forgive me if this has been covered, but I've searched the forum and the internet. I am having trouble building a shell script which uses SSH to login to our schools 1024 cluster grid. The issue that I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagan
1 Replies

5. Programming

shell scripting problems involving operations with remote machine

Hi, i have been developing a shell script to transfer a set of files from one ubuntu system to another. Task: while executing the script the files ( ls, dir, cat) in the source machine should transfer to destination machine(at /home/mac/mac/bin) While the script is executed once again, It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

6. Slackware

Context dependent symlinks

Ive got multiple PCs, sharing an NFS mounted home dir. For certain apps I would like to keep the config files host specific. Easy solution is to create symlinks to local folders for configs. Ideally I would still want the .config files to reside in the user home folder. Is it possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX Dependent Module could not be loaded

I am encountering the above error , even after setting the environment variables correctly AFAIK. I've found sources that say LIBPATH is the shared library variable , and others that say LIB_PATH, so I set both: ========================= root@lipossrp01ga: # echo $gtm_dist ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies

8. AIX

Dependent modules libc.a and libpthreads.a

Hello I am trying to install ActivePerl Pro Studio and I am seeing the following errors. Could not load program ./setup: Symbol resolution failed for setup because: Symbol ___memcmp (number 1) is not exported from dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Problems and doubts with sockets and timeouts

Hi! I need some help to understand a little bit more the behaviour about socket and TCP connections... Here is my problem I have a client and a server that were written in python. The server program wait until a message arrive and then print the message but if the message not arrive in a second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
2 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)