Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions C/C++ program that connects to a MySQLserver Post 302569556 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 31st of October 2011 05:06:50 PM
Old 10-31-2011
new question = new thread!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

2. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how does editplus connects to unix server

hi all i am working on a monitoring script for my server... i am able to monitor all the explicit sessions ... the problem arises when some one is using editplus to modify a file in the server .. the unix server is not showing the edit plus access as a session ... how to monitor the actions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Programming

Python program faster than C++ program.

I wrote a simple program that generates a random word 10,000,000 times. I wrote it in python, then in C++ and compared the two completion times. The python script was faster! Is that normal? Why would the python script be faster? I was under the impression that C++ was faster. What are some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In real time - what user connects or disconnect

Write a tool that will be displayed in real time, what user connects or disconnects from a system that uses this tool :)) Maybe anyone can help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titasas
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris ftp connects out svc disabled.

Hi, Running ftp online 2:53:02 svc:/network/ftp:default If I disable ftp disabled 2:54:00 svc:/network/ftp:default I can still SEND ftp files out. I cannot connect to this server via FTP, but why can I still connect to other ftp servers and send files? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedWizard75
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
MySQL::Diff::Database(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				MySQL::Diff::Database(3pm)

NAME
MySQL::Diff::Database - Database Definition Class SYNOPSIS
use MySQL::Diff::Database; my $db = MySQL::Diff::Database->new(%options); my $source = $db->source_type(); my $summary = $db->summary(); my $name = $db->name(); my @tables = $db->tables(); my $table_def = $db->table_by_name($table); my @dbs = MySQL::Diff::Database::available_dbs(); DESCRIPTION
Parses a database definition into component parts. METHODS
Constructor new( %options ) Instantiate the objects, providing the command line options for database access and process requirements. Public Methods o source_type() Returns 'file' if the data source is a text file, and 'db' if connected directly to a database. o summary() Provides a summary of the database. o name() Returns the name of the database. o tables() Returns a list of tables for the current database. o table_by_name( $name ) Returns the table definition (see MySQL::Diff::Table) for the given table. FUNCTIONS
Public Functions o available_dbs() Returns a list of the available databases. Note that is used as a function call, not a method call. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2000-2011 Adam Spiers. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
mysqldiff, MySQL::Diff, MySQL::Diff::Table, MySQL::Diff::Utils AUTHOR
Adam Spiers <mysqldiff@adamspiers.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-06 MySQL::Diff::Database(3pm)