Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values) Post 302569544 by migurus on Monday 31st of October 2011 04:04:04 PM
Old 10-31-2011
you are using wrong format for printing out the tms structure members, which are clock_t and you use %f

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH problem - how do i redirect three times?

i need to output an ls command to a file but also capture any errors from that command and output them to a log file and the screen. if it's only possible to output them to a log file and not the screen then that's fine. this is what i've tried so far, but it won't populate log.txt. i've... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
16 Replies

2. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call single function multiple times diff set of parameters

Okay, not sure if it can be done, I would think it could be done and I'm just having a hard time with it. fun_close_wait(){ ipVar="${1} ${2}" portVar=`cat "${5}" | cut -d' ' -f 1` for ip in $ipVar do for port in $portVar do netstatVar=`netstat -n | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with netfilter hook function struct skbuff *sock is null..

iam trying to built a firewall.so i have used netfilter for it. in function main_hook sock_buff is returning null and in my log file continuously "sock buff null" is printed plse help to solve this problem.. (using print_string iam printing strings on current terminal (terminal we ping)) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan6754
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting column if above certain values and repeated over a number of times continuously

Hi I am new to the forum and would like to ask: i have a file in form with thousands of column id.1 A01 A01 A68 A68 id.2 A5 A5 A3 A3 1001 0 0 0.136 0.136 1002 0 0 0.262 0.183 1003 0 0 0.662 0.662 1004 0 0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeeuk
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Snmp Disk Problem = Negative Values

Ok, so i monitor disk space on remote machines using snmp. Works great for me. But whenever a particular partition happens to have Terabytes of data, snmp starts reporting negative values. Can someone please tell me how to get around this problem? The AllocationUnit is 512 bytes. Weird... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

7. Programming

Implementing function outside struct

I have this code where I have declared a struct with some functions. Trying to write the function implementation outside the struct declaration and do not know how to proceed. #ifndef ParseEl_hh #define ParseEl_hh #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include "DynBaseObj.hh"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell program- how many times a function is called

We have a program source C and is required to indicate how many times each function is called from the C program. also print the line number where there is a call. I've tried something like this: #!/bin/sh for i in $*;do if ! then echo $i is not a C file. else echo $i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oana06
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning and capturing multiple return values from a function

Hi I am pretty confused in returning and capturing multiple values i have defined a function which should return values "total, difference" i have used as #!/usr/bin/ksh calc() { total=$1+$2 echo "$total" diff=$2-$1 echo "$diff" } I have invoked this function as calc 5 8 Now i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] wanted: function with a clean way for multiple return values

Hi, I have a small part of a project which is done as a bash script. bash was selected as an portability issue that works out of the box. In this script I have an exec shell-function, a wrapper around arbitrary commands. I want to have STDOUT, as an addon STDERR and the EXIT-CODE of a specified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
times.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    times.h(3HEAD)

NAME
times.h, times - file access and modification times structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/times.h> header defines the structure tms, which is returned by times() and includes the following members: clock_t tms_utime /* user CPU time */ clock_t tms_stime /* system CPU time */ clock_t tms_cutime /* user CPU time of terminated child processes */ clock_t tms_cstime /* system CPU time of terminated child processes */ The clock_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
times(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 times.h(3HEAD)