Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge multi-line output into a single line Post 302569500 by flagman5 on Monday 31st of October 2011 01:45:31 PM
Old 10-31-2011
thanks guys for your replies.

I tried both and they still show on 3 lines...could it be something with putty thats causing the issue? or something with the terminal environment settings?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a number and time: into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. *****Original Log*****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to merge multi-line into single line

Hi, Can anyone know how to use perl to merge the following multi-line information which beginning with "BAM" into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. ******Org. Multi-line) BAM admin 101.203.57.22 ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hello, Can anyone let me know how to use Perl script to Merge following multi-lines into one single line... ***** Multi-line***** FILE_Write root OK Tue Jul 01 00:00:00 2008 cl_get_path file descriptor = 1 FILE_Write root OK ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to join multi-line into single line

Hello, Did anyone know how to write a perl script to merge the multi-line into a single line where each line with start at timestamp Input--> timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; a; b; c; timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; aa; bb; cc; (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove multi line and single line comments

Hi, I am trying to remove multi line and single line comments like examples below I have tried this pattern. it works fine for single line comments and multi line comments in a single line only. but this fails when the comments are extended in multiple lines as shown in the comment 2 of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line log files to single line format

I want to read the log file which was generate from other command . And the output was having multi line in log files for job name and server name. But i need to make all the logs on one line Source file 07/15/2018 17:02:00 TRANSLOG_1700 Server0005_SQL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)                                                   Git Manual                                                   GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr [-a | --all | attr...] [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] [-a | --all | attr...] DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
-a, --all List all attributes that are associated with the specified paths. If this option is used, then unspecified attributes will not be included in the output. --cached Consider .gitattributes in the index only, ignoring the working tree. --stdin Read pathnames from the standard input, one per line, instead of from the command-line. -z The output format is modified to be machine-parseable. If --stdin is also given, input paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If none of --stdin, --all, or -- is used, the first argument will be treated as an attribute and the rest of the arguments as pathnames. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF unless -z is in effect, in which case NUL is used as delimiter: <path> NUL <attribute> NUL <info> NUL <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. Buffering happens as documented under the GIT_FLUSH option in git(1). The caller is responsible for avoiding deadlocks caused by overfilling an input buffer or reading from an empty output buffer. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified o Listing a single attribute: $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java o Listing multiple attributes for a file: $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing all attributes for a file: $ git check-attr --all -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing an attribute for multiple files: $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified o Not all values are equally unambiguous: $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)