Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gmake on Mac
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers gmake on Mac Post 302569424 by kalak on Monday 31st of October 2011 08:49:16 AM
Old 10-31-2011
It sounds like xbin is correct, can you post the results of his command?
Code:
ls -lF /usr/bin/*make*

When you installed XCode, did you change any of the default package selections? If you changed them, did you install the UNIX tools (how this is worded depends on the XCode/OSX version)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gmake

Can somebody tell me about "gmake "utility and its apparent advantage with "Imake" and "Make".??? can somebody send me the URLs where I can get more material on above topics? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek
1 Replies

2. AIX

gmake For AIX 5.3

hello everybody i will be very thankful if someone tells me where i can find the gmake for AIX 5.3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPAM_TWW -gmake utilities

Hi CPAM-TWW, We need to know Whether CPAM-TWW ( cross platform application Management) package comes along With HP-UX11i . if so , Please get Which package needs to be triggered during installation ( We are more intrested on TWWgmake and TWWutilites( 3rd party software The Written Word)) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

4. Programming

what is the distinguish between gmake and make?

I am working on solaris 9. and use gmake to compile and linke c/c++ program. anybody can tell me the distinguish between gmake and make? :confused: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
10 Replies

5. Programming

after gmake size of library gets changes

Hello, I have source code of c. When i compiled it using gmake my library gets created on AIX. But without changing the source code, if i try to do gmake each and every time then every time size of created library gets changed. Can anyone tell me why it's happening? Am i missing something in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustus
3 Replies

6. Programming

GMAKE error returns - What does that mean ?

I am using xmake which I guess calls gmake which ... whatever. I get an error in my compiling and want to know what the error number means. For example, the message might be "Error 139". Rather then post the exact code fragment and exact output, I want to find the a list of error codes and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intcwrtr
1 Replies

7. Programming

Make and gmake issues

Hello I am working on a CPP code written for SUN CC 5.5 and make we used make to compile the code then it compilation went smooth now i am using gmake: I have a make file like this WSROOT=.. include $(WSROOT)/etc/wsmkinclude.common all: @for subdir in */Makefile; \ do \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Make and gmake issues

Hello I am working on a CPP code written for SUN CC 5.5 and make we used make to compile the code then it compilation went smooth now i am using gmake: I have a make file like this WSROOT=.. include $(WSROOT)/etc/wsmkinclude.common all: @for subdir in */Makefile; \ do \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gmake

hi with regard that i am new with linux , i don't have any information about GNU make? is it a part of linux or it must be installed in linux separately? thanks in advance for you attention best regard fereshte (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: komijani
1 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link in /usr/share/maven-repo for an existing jar. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkjar [option]... [pom] [dest_jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks for a jar installed by other means. The symlinks created include links to the jar in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [dest_jar] is the path of the installed jar, usually located in the usr/share/java folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)