Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Having Issues in Csh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Having Issues in Csh Post 302569397 by Vyrlissa on Monday 31st of October 2011 07:12:04 AM
Old 10-31-2011
Yep, I know ygemici, that's what I posted above your post that I had figured it out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to zero a file using csh

Hi I have always used ksh in the past, but now am using csh. To zero a file using ksh, you simply > filename. What is the command to do the same using csh? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Csh Vs Ksh

I created a simple script and attempted to run it. All that the scrip contained was "ls -l". At first I received the message "ksh: run_dir: not found" I then tried typing "csh run_dir" This time the script worked. typing echo $SHELL produced /bin/ksh I would like to understand why this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SUSANR9999
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh in solaris

how can i pre-set then PATH so that i no need setenv everytime i login. i know it can be done with edit .login on normal user but how about root? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csh

what is a .csh extension? there is a command line: mkaphed_ctio.csh Does anyone know what this is? :confused::confused::confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if in csh

I am using this code echo "opt_tpath = $opt_tpath" if ($opt_tpath == 1) echo " -tpath = $Atpath\n" and is giving opt_tpath = 0 Atpath: Undefined variable. Atpath should only be printed in opt_tpath == 1 but it still tries to print. ---------- Post updated at 10:05 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using \n in csh

I am trying to use \n for a new line in csh like this echo "some text\n" echo "some more text\n" but am getting some text\n some more text\n (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh to .csh

Hi All, Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ? proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test` if then echo "File is not being used by any thing" fi if then echo "File is being used... please wait" sleep 1 fi Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does this do in CSH?

CSH experts What does the following do in CSH? :(){:|:&};: I was asked the question, but I don't know. I'm not aware of the context. Any ideas? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wallg
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

(t)csh command line arguments issues

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: create a shell script, chExt.sh that takes one or more parameters, where the first is a desired extension and the remainder are names of files to be renamed. For each file in the command line, this script should rename the file, as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoll025
6 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adfpqr] [-c command] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Option: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c command Run the named command instead of the shell. Useful for capturing the output of a program that behaves differently when associated with a tty. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, don't sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -f Flush output after each write. This is useful for watching the script output in real time. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Be quiet, and don't output started and ended lines. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD