Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail to boot HPUX
Operating Systems HP-UX fail to boot HPUX Post 302569392 by Scott on Monday 31st of October 2011 06:37:41 AM
Old 10-31-2011
Please edit your post such that it's readable for others. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 install cd boot fail

Hi I hv try to install Solaris 9 on a SPARC machine. The machine now is with Solaris 10 OS. I try to load a Solaris 9 installation cd in and use "boot cdrom" on ok promt, but it give me "no boot device found" when it boot up. and when i use fsck, the system show me an error with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niuniu
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 1/06 CD1 boot fail

Hello all. I download last version from sun.com, unzip iso's and burn their to cd's. When i try to load (on different machines) from first cd i receive this errors: /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' ... several screens same message ....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mozheyko_d
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Fail to up network interface after system boot

Hi! I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 with Solaris 10 and it unable to up network interface after boot, but after issuing ifconfig interface begins to work... svcs -xv says that service svc:/network/physical:default is failed to start and service log stores something like "service method... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

4. BSD

kernel fail to boot after recompile it

Salamo Alikom after recompilation my kernel does not boot and display msg said : enter full path to bash : /bin/sh i try fsck -r ,fsck -y but the problem is steel . my make.conf : PERL_VER=5.8.8 OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8 PERL_VERSION=5.8.8 MODULES_OVERRIDE = linux acpi accf_http pccard msdosfs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFE
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

hpux 11.31 vgimport fail

i'm trying to vgimport the map file from vgexport -p -v -s -m to fail over node (adoptive node in service guard). root@noe04:/etc/cmcluster/icasprd$ vgimport -s -m gicasprd.110810.map /dev/vgicasprd vgimport: Volume group "/dev/vgicasprd" already exists in the "/etc/lvmtab" file. the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

HPUX 11.31 vgextend fail

Hi, when i try to add new disk, it's an XP disk from SAN (lun) to the volume group, it fails because "TOO MANY LINKS" :/etc/cmcluster/icastst$ vgextend /dev/vgicastst /dev/disk/disk684 Current path "/dev/dsk/c51t8d3" is an alternate link, skip. Current path "/dev/dsk/c51t8d4" is an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL6 Diskless Remote boot fail

Hi guys, I've been trying to set up a server for disk-less booting of remote machines on a network. The server host OS is RHEL6 and I have configured dhcp, tftp and nfs services which are proven to be working since I am able to install RHEL6 through pxe boot. Now I want it to serve for disk-less... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

HPUX Boot failure.

When I login to the live console of my server and go to the console, I am getting the below message Processor is booting from the first available device. To discontinue, press any key within 10 seconds. 10 seconds expired. Proceeding... Trying Primary Boot Path... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
11 Replies

9. Red Hat

System fail to boot

Hi im using centos 6.4 starting yesterday i have a strange issue that im unable to resolve. the system is booting to GRUB menu and the os is not starting. i tried to run a repair install and the message attached is what i get, what can cause this? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Serious problem to fail boot up

My current OS using the solaris 9 and find the reboot , it returns the message even i restore , and boot -s Hardware watchdog enabled Configuring ATM interfaces: NOTICE: VxVM not started configuring IPv4 interfaces: bge0 bge3 ce0 ce3. Hostname: devuardms01 mount: mount-point /usr does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_user
10 Replies
BOOT.CONFIG(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    BOOT.CONFIG(5)

NAME
boot.config -- Configuration file for the boot blocks DESCRIPTION
The boot.config file contains options for the FreeBSD boot block code. When the FreeBSD boot loader runs, it searches the ``a'' slice of the boot partition for a boot.config file (as a result, slices which are missing an ``a'' partition require user intervention during the boot process). If the boot.config file is found, its contents are used as the default configuration options for the boot block code and are echoed to the system console. A valid format of this file is to put BIOS drive number, a controller type, a unit number, a partition, a kernel file name, and any other valid boot(8) option on a single line, as it is done at the ``boot:'' prompt. The options related to the boot image selection described below and all the other options available for boot.config are documented in detail in the boot(8) manual page. FILES
/boot.config parameters for the boot blocks (optional) EXAMPLES
The command: # echo "-P" > /boot.config will activate the serial console of FreeBSD. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader" > /boot.config will instruct the second stage of boot(8) on the first disk to boot with the third boot(8) stage from the second disk. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader -P" > /boot.config will do both of the above. SEE ALSO
boot(8), loader(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 13, 2007 BSD