Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat VMBox not Recognizing eth0 on RH. Post 302569302 by rcmjivaro on Sunday 30th of October 2011 07:56:06 PM
Old 10-30-2011
device name

On the host o/s, type:
ip addr
to get your device name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing * character

i have a short script that takes a filename and secure copies the file to a remote machine. i'd like to be able to take a * character and secure copy all the files in the directory. first of all, how would i compare $1 to see if it's a * character? if or didn't do it. second question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing *.* in find

hi folks, I am trying to write a script for deleting all the files which are older than "N" days from current directory. CODE: FileName="*.*" NumDays=-1 echo $FileName echo $NumDays find * -prune -name $FileName -mtime $NumDays -exec rm {} \; Now the problem here is when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache 2 configure not recognizing options

Hello all. I am trying to compile Apache 2 (again!) and the configure script keeps telling me it does not recognize the options. Everything I am including is in the --help list. For example: --enable-so. First I will put in the LD flags, then configure with the --enable-so option. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL 5.5 on VMBOX

I am currently working with 2 virtual machines (VirtualBox), my plan is to configure a kickstart for rhel 5.5 on one and using the other to install it too. The problem I have having is the machines do not talk to one another ?! I am running ubuntu 10.04 with (2 VMboxes) that do not talk to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recognizing an argument in csh

I will be passing an argument to a csh script The script can be either of two forms For example, either script.csh zloc=5/10 or script.csh zloc=5/10/20 So there can be either two values or three values. How can I distinguish which one the user has inputted? I have made... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris not recognizing RAID 5 disks

I've just installed Sol 10 Update 9 on a Sun 4140 server and have a RAID 1 configuration (2 136 Gb drives) for the OS and have created a RAID 5 array (6 136 GB) drives. When i log into the system I am unable to see the RAID 5 disks at all. I've tried using the devfsadm command but no luck and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and recognizing a runtime parameter

I thought I posted this before, but cannot see the post, so will re-post. Apologies if it now appears twice ! My script prompts for a 7 digit parameter : read f1 I then run a find command to search for files with $f1 in its contents : find . -print | grep $f1 {file} > temp1 I then run a cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malts18
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 not recognizing CDROM drive

Hello, I've read many posts that offer tips on how to mount a CDROM but I haven't seen any on how to get the system to recognize the CDROM drive. I was transferring files from CDROM to the hard drive successfully. I entered the third CDROM and the system refused to automount it. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrueSon
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recognizing storage from server

Hi, I need to know what are the storages attached to some of our corporate servers. I run this command from the server only to get a list of WWNs : # /usr/local/bin/evainfo -a Devicefile Array WWNN Capacity ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script program is not recognizing the -w

Sorry I put -r I ment to out -w but its not perform none of -w, -r, -x flags Using centos 6.4 #!/bin/bash echo -e "enter the name of file :\c" read file_name if then if then echo "Type some text date. Tp quit press crtl-" cat >> $file_name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
2 Replies
BOOTPC(8)                                                     Debian GNU/Linux Manual                                                    BOOTPC(8)

NAME
bootpc - bootp client SYNOPSIS
bootpc [--bootfile file] [--dev device] [--verbose] [--debug] [--server addr] [--hwaddr addr] [--returniffail] [--waitformore length] [--in2host addr] [--serverbcast] [--help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bootpc command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. bootpc is a boot protocol client used to grab the machine's IP address, set up DNS nameservers and other useful information. OPTIONS
--bootfile file Tell the server to use file as the boot file. --dev device Use device to communicate with the server. --verbose Be verbose. --debug Produce debugging output. --server addr Use the IP address addr to communicate with the server. --hwaddr addr Use addr as our hardware address rather than what the operating system gives us. --returniffail Terminate the program if a failure occurs. By default bootpc will ask the user to press a key if the request did not succeed. --waitformore length Wait for more responses when one is received. bootpc will wait for at most length seconds. This is probably only useful for debug- ging. --in2host addr Takes an address and returns useful bits of the name after lookup, this was a separate program, but it is more compact to have both together. --serverbcast Tell the server to send back a broadcast reply. This is necessary on Linux 2.1 and 2.2. --help Display the usage of bootpc. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BOOTPC 1999 March 21st BOOTPC(8)