Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recent History
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recent History Post 302569241 by ahamed101 on Sunday 30th of October 2011 11:04:40 AM
Old 10-30-2011
Code:
echo $HISTSIZE

--ahamed

---------- Post updated at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:02 AM ----------

Check vi ~/.profile or vi ~/.bashrc depending on your shell

--ahamed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the most recent file

Hi, I have files coming in every day with that days timestamp like: nameyyyymmddhhmmss.ext. I need the most recent one and so i am using cat `ls -t name*|head -1 ` > temp i am sorting the files in the decending order and am copying the most recent one into a temp file. It works at times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anujairaj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To keep only the most recent files

Hi all, I'm running on a Sun Solaris machine. I would only want to keep the last 2 most recent files on 1 of my directory. Below shows my script, but it is incomplete. For the ?? part I do not know how to continue. please help:confused: DIR=/tmp/abc OUTPUT=/tmp/output.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the most recent date value

I have a set of values like this and sometimes more source5local_02Dec2008 source5local_01Nov2008 source5local_05Sep2008 I need to retrieve the string with the most recent date if I cut the date value from each of these strings is there any means to compare them (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the most recent file

Hi people, Please some help over here. I have logs in a directory, in which I need to get the most recent file in order to put it within other command. The format of the files are loadfiles20090308094339_41 loadfiles20090308094418_42 loadfiles20090308095457_43... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vi recent command history

How do you get your recent vi command history to show up? I keep randomly getting like my previous 5 commands and can't figure out how I'm doing it. I think it has something to do with the shift key and another button. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)