Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Make another set of root(/), /boot, /home and other partitions? Post 302569237 by agama on Sunday 30th of October 2011 10:47:11 AM
Old 10-30-2011
Have you thought about installing VirtualBox and creating your test Linux in a virtual machine? The installation of VirtualBox is simple, and the installation of a new O/S under it is exactly the same as if it were on a 'bare' system. You'll get to create and size your partitions under the VM without the worry that you'll destroy your real environment.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

GRUB cannot boot NTFS partitions?

I have an issue with booting NTFS partitions with Grub. I have two HHD 1st HDD with Red Hat 9.0 and Grub as bootloader 2nd HDD with 8 Win partitions all ntfs. I have added the following line in my grub.conf: title Windows2000/Domino 6 root (hd1,0) makeactive chainloader +1 When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDE Man
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set $HOME?

Hi Everyone! I just want to know how to set $HOME. I cant see $HOME in my profile. Below is my profile. export PATH=.:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:$HOME/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/mai lservice/sybase/12.5/OCS-12_5/bin:/mailservice/sybase/config:. #export $PATH export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

make Ubuntu and Red Hat boot partitions

Is it possible to make multiboot partitions of Ubuntu and red hat Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help to boot a server and mount all partitions

Hello, I am having an issue with a SUN FIRE V440. First of all, lots of mirrors and submirrors needed maintenance, so I applied #metasync to fix all of them, but I still couldn't mount all the partitions of the server . I tried to mount manually all the partitions that appear in the /etc/vfstab... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to make Multiple partitions in a slice (solaris sparc 10)?

I am using Solaris Sparc 10,and facing some issues. HD:80gb ; Root = 11gb(currently using) , I have made a parttition in the c0t0d0s2 slice(which is of 60gb & the partition tag is 'usr'),and I have done newfs on -> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2 which is mounted on /export (having ufs filesystem). Now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_zer0
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Fdisk partitions on boot disk and disaster recovery

I'm preparing to recover a Oracle Fire X4170 server in a disaster recovery test at a different location than in prod. I have some questions about fdisk partitions. I'm using Solaris 10 update 10. On my prod server, the boot disk has 2 partitions, diagnostic and solaris. Is the diagnostic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TKD
1 Replies

7. Linux

Are /home partitions worth it?

I'm new to the Linux world and whilst I've been learning the ropes, I've read some conflicting opinions regarding the creation of separate partitions for /home and other directories during OS install. Some say that having these directories in separate partitions allows you to reinstall without... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: maerlyngb
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find users with root UID or GID or root home

I need to list users in /etc/passwd with root's GID or UID or /root as home directory If we have these entries in /etc/passwd root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash rootgooduser1:x:100:100::/home/gooduser1:/bin/bash baduser1:x:0:300::/home/baduser1:/bin/bash... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make partitions in a text file?

Suppose I have a file named intro.txt and its content is as follows My name is Ankit. I am 18. I am a college student. So I want make partitions in this and store it as 1. name.txt - I am 18. 2. age.txt - I am 18. 3. student.txt -I am a college student. How do I do that in terminal? edit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)