Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What distro for server
Operating Systems Linux Fedora What distro for server Post 302569206 by r0bby on Sunday 30th of October 2011 04:57:07 AM
Old 10-30-2011
Hi ,
impo i suggest Debian or , if you have some constrains to adhere to RH like enviroments , Centos.
They are perfect to test your prod environment.

Bye

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which distro best for me?

Im goin to build a server soon, im planning to use it for a dedicated server for my favorite game counterstrike. I also want to use it as a file server for my lan, should i also make this server my internet gateway and dhcp server or should i just continue using my linksys router for those tasks? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stealthdestroyr
5 Replies

2. Debian

which distro?

Hi all, I know, it's a highly subjective and speculative question, but can anyone advise a Linux-newbie (haven't even started yet) on what distribution might be right in my case? - I have for all intents and purposes NO Linux experience. - I do have some previous IT experience. -- A... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
9 Replies

3. Red Hat

What is the best distro to host a server?

My friend and I want to each host a gaming server. One for Counterstrike, and one for Battlefield: 1942. I need to know what distros would best for this. I was thinking Redhat but I'm not 100% sure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: never_more
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for right distro...

Hello all! I am searching for a *nix distro for a project I am about to undertake. I have a laptop (p3 500mhz, 128MB ram, 10GB hard drive) that I would like to use as a server for VPN & possibly hosting a small personal web site. Now, here is where it gets a bit tricky. There is no optical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DISK
2 Replies

5. Linux

Choosing the best distro.

Hi all Help me find the best distro for the following configurations: Intel pentium IV 1.6 Ghz 128 MB RAM :( 40 GB Hardisk with one very big partition more than 35 gb n another 2 gb partition. windows xp is already installed but has enough free space (26gb). Which linux will be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
0 Replies

6. Linux

how to build my own distro

howdy.... I am currently in a project, which needs a new distribution of linux.. At first, we select suse as our platform, but this newest version suse is at least several gigabytes. but recently, we want to run out system in a flash card with capacity of 500M, So, self-customized linux is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
6 Replies

7. Linux

Best Linux Distro

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario v3000 5 year old laptop, with 1 GB RAM and currently running the (slow and stupid) Windows 7 32 bit, thus I would like to dual boot it with an appropriate distro of Linux that 1) Doesnt consume too much resources (1 GB RAM is not a lot of space) and it ll be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
4 Replies
MYSQLD(8)						       MySQL Database System							 MYSQLD(8)

NAME
mysqld - the MySQL server SYNOPSIS
mysqld [options] DESCRIPTION
mysqld, also known as MySQL Server, is the main program that does most of the work in a MySQL installation. MySQL Server manages access to the MySQL data directory that contains databases and tables. The data directory is also the default location for other information such as log files and status files. When MySQL server starts, it listens for network connections from client programs and manages access to databases on behalf of those clients. The mysqld program has many options that can be specified at startup. For a complete list of options, run this command: shell> mysqld --verbose --help MySQL Server also has a set of system variables that affect its operation as it runs. System variables can be set at server startup, and many of them can be changed at runtime to effect dynamic server reconfiguration. MySQL Server also has a set of status variables that provide information about its operation. You can monitor these status variables to access runtime performance characteristics. For a full description of MySQL Server command options, system variables, and status variables, see Section 5.1, "The MySQL Server". For information about installing MySQL and setting up the initial configuration, see Chapter 2, Installing and Upgrading MySQL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQLD(8)