Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sendmail virtual domain problem Post 302569033 by andyt22 on Saturday 29th of October 2011 05:50:19 AM
Old 10-29-2011
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try today!

Andy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail for multiple domain names

Hi, We're an internet company with several domain names. Our mail server was originally set up to deal with xxx@domain1.com email addresses which works fine. The problem I have is that we're now also using a domain2.com, and sales@domain1.com isn't the same as sales@domain2.com. I've added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: captainash
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache not logging virtual domain

A client has asked us to set up a different domain (as an alias for their site) which they could use on certain marketing material and hence measure the campaign's effectiveness. We've set it up and it all seems to be working fine except that the access log file for the new domain is stuck at zero... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fire>ant>
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

blocking sendmail from domain

hi i edited the /etc/mail/access files with the line "yahoo.com REJECT", afterwhich i cannot send out files to the yahoo.com domain. :mad: can someone advise on how to go about configuring such that i am able to send mail out to yahoo.com BUT block INCOMING mail from yahoo.com :confused: i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

4. AIX

sendmail only sends emails to its own domain

Hi, folks! I have a problem with an AIX 5.3 server running sendmail where it is able to send messages within its own domain just fine. This is being used for a web email service portion of a web site. However, when it attempts to send email to any other domain -- i.e., hotmail.com -- it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjwood64
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configure sendmail to append domain

I am running redhat enterprise 4 with sendmail version 8.13. I am trying to configure sendmail to append the domain to localpart. For example If i send an email to “username”. I want sendmail to append the “username” with @bbl.com I tried modifying the following in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Configuring sendmail to modify the domain name

Hi, I would like to change the domain name using sendmail. For example, currently mails are sent like user@domain1.com I would like to change it to user@domain2.com How this can be done from HP-UX? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smuthuvel
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail: Remove domain name from From mail id

While sending mails using sendmail, the domain name is getting appended to the from id. My requirement is not to have that domain name in the From mail id. Could anyone help me on this? I am using the below command: cat t|/usr/lib/sendmail -f"Admin" user1@domain1.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skar_a
0 Replies

8. AIX

Allow unresolveable domain in AIX5.3/Sendmail 8.13.4

Is there a way in AIX5.3 with Sendmail 8.13.4 to accept a sender address with an unresolvable domain? I've read about the option: FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains') But can't seem to confirm if that option is available in this version of Sendmail. If it that feature is not available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epearson1
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sendmail not delivering to own domain

I can send off network but can not send to anyone on network. SitRep is this the legacy mail system at work is setup as 2 servers, one is the outbound server and /etc/aliases has a list of users to deliver the mail to another server. for this instance we will call the 192.168.1.9(outgoing)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sycomix
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with wrong domain name

Not sure if this is the right place so I'm sorry if its not. I am setting up a new RHE server and trying to get sendmail to work correctly. Currently when I test sendmail I will recieve an email from (username@servermydomain.com.com) I have scoured the sendmail.cf and cannot find this anywhere.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbelina
2 Replies
SPAMASS_MILTER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 SPAMASS_MILTER(8)

NAME
spamass-milter -- sendmail milter for passing emails through SpamAssassin SYNOPSIS
spamass-milter -p socket [-b|-B spamaddress] [-d debugflags] [-D host] [-e defaultdomain] [-f] [-i networks] [-I] [-m] [-M] [-P pidfile] [-r nn] [-u defaultuser] [-x] [-- spamc flags ...] DESCRIPTION
The spamass-milter utility is a sendmail milter that checks and modifies incoming email messages with SpamAssassin. The following options are available: -p socket Specifies the pathname of a socket to create for communication with sendmail. If it is removed, sendmail will not be able to access the milter. This may cause messages to bounce, queue, or be passed through unmiltered, depending on the parameters in sendmail's .cf file. -b spamaddress Redirects tagged spam to the specified email address. All envelope recipients are removed, and inserted into the message as 'X-Spam-Orig-To:' headers. -B spamaddress Same as -b, except the original recipients are retained. Only one of -b and -B may be used. -d debugflags Enables logging. debugflags is a comma-separated list of tokens: func Entry and exit of internal functions. misc Other non-verbose logging. net Lookups of the ignored netblocks list. poll Low-level I/O to the child spamc process. rcpt Recipient processing. spamc High-level I/O to the child spamc process. str Calls to field lookup and string comparison functions. uori Calls to the update_or_insert function. 1 (historical) Same as func,misc. 2 (historical) Same as func,misc,poll. 3 (historical) Same as func,misc,poll,str,uori. -D host Connects to a remote spamd server on host, instead of using one on localhost. This option is deprecated; use -- -d host instead. -e defaultdomain Pass the full user@domain address to spamc. The default is to pass only the username part on the assumption that all users are local. This flag is useful if you are using an SQL (or other username) backend with spamassassin and have listed the full address there. If the recipient name has no domain part (if the recipient is on the local machine for example), defaultdomain is added. Requires the -u flag. -f Causes spamass-milter to fork into the background. -i networks Ignores messages if the originating IP is in the network(s) listed. The message will be passed through without calling SpamAssassin at all. networks is a comma-separated list, where each element can be either an IP address (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn), a CIDR network (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nn), or a network/netmask pair (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn). Multiple -i flags will append to the list. For example, if you list all your internal networks, no outgoing emails will be filtered. -I Ignores messages if the sender has authenticated via SMTP AUTH. -m Disables modification of the 'Subject:' and 'Content-Type:' headers and message body. This is useful when SpamAssassin is configured with 'defang_mime 0' and 'report_header 1', or when SA is simply used to add headers for postprocessing later. Updating the body through the milter interface can be slow for large messages. -M Like -m, but also disables creation of any SpamAssassin 'X-Spam-*' headers as well. Both tagged and untagged mail gets passed through unchanged. To be useful, this option should be used with the -r, -b, or -B flags. If -b is used, the 'X-Spam-Orig-To:' headers will still be added. -P pidfile Create the file pidfile, containing the processid of the milter. -r nn Reject scanned email if it greater than or equal to nn. If -1, reject scanned email if SpamAssassin tags it as spam (useful if you are also using the -u flag, and users have changed their required_hits value). For example, if you usually use procmail to redirect tagged email into a separate folder just in case of false positives, you can use -r 15 and reject flagrant spam outright while still receiving low-scoring messages. -u defaultuser Pass the username part of the first recipient to spamc with the -u flag. This allows user preferences files to be used. If the mes- sage is addressed to multiple recipients, the username defaultuser is passed instead. Note that spamass-milter does not know whether an email is incoming or outgoing, so a message from <user1@localdomain.com> to <user2@yahoo.com> will make spamass-milter pass -u user2 to spamc. -x Pass the recipient address through sendmail -bv, which will perform virtusertable and alias expansion. The resulting username is then passed to spamc. Requires the -u flag. -- spamc flags ... Pass all remaining options to spamc. This allows you to connect to a remote spamd with -d or -p. FILES
/usr/bin/spamc client interface to SpamAssassin SEE ALSO
spamassassin(1), spamd(1) AUTHORS
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org> Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com> BSD
July 25, 2001 BSD