Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Installing FreeBsd. No usb device found Post 302568887 by Corona688 on Friday 28th of October 2011 01:59:17 PM
Old 10-28-2011
It may not see it as USB media. There's no telling how their CD-to-usb converter works, there really is no direct conversion, it means alterations to settings inside the software that must boot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usb printer on freebsd

Hello,i have laserjet 1000 usb printer on fbsd 4.7 when i connect it to usb, usbdev tells me it is working, on port ulpt0 (whatever). When i send some data to port it doesn't tell me any error, printcap is modifyed according manual, and lpr -Plj /etc/rc.conf gives me following error /kernel:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hachik
1 Replies

2. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Usb Device

AM TRYING TO CONNECT A USB EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR BACKUP,THE USB SLOT IS AVAILABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS READY WHEN I CONNECT IT,AND WHAT COMMANDS DO I NEED. tHANKS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
10 Replies

4. BSD

Detecting usb stick in freebsd

I inserted a 8GB usb stick in a number of machine with FreeBSD 7.1, but the medium was not detected: $ dmesg | grep MB usable memory = 4263022592 (4065 MB) avail memory = 4082540544 (3893 MB) pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached) ad0: 238475MB <WDC WD2500BEVT-00ZCT0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using USB sticks in FreeBSD

I have a number of questions regarding using usb sticks on xfce and freebsd. 1- Does the thunar volume manager (xfce plugin) actually provide a means to automount usb sticks? I have set all possible options in the volume manager, but have not had any automount yet. 2- Is there any utility on... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. BSD

Mounting a USB stick in FreeBSD

When mounting a USB stick or pen drive on a FreeBSD machine I always issue the following command: mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Something I have always wondered is what the option msdosfs stands for and more importantly, why it is necessary. (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Block the USB device

Hi friends, I wanna know how to block USB devices in my RedHat flavor Operating system. regards, Prakash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Device Identification

In linux system when a pnp usb device is plugged in then how does the system gets a notification of it? I mean to say in linux usb system there is usb host controller above which is host controller driver above which is usb core. So does the host controller/usb core keeps on polling the usb bus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

9. BSD

Freebsd live usb

Hello. I'm going to make freebsd live usb based on FreeBSD-8.3-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso. The iso is 257 Megabytes, but after i copy its content to usb drive its volume increases to 971 Megabytes. I tried different methods of copying (tar,cp,cpio) but with the same result. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar on usb device

Hi, i am developing an application on an ARM 7 architatcure with a small Linux. i want to run tar on a usb device (~10 Mb) but it runs realy slow. the command only takes 1% of cpu usage. is there a way to improve the tar command or is the USB-Connection the bottleneck here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisk
4 Replies
usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)