Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading file,looping and limitation Post 302568871 by Corona688 on Friday 28th of October 2011 12:59:27 PM
Old 10-28-2011
If you can't straighten the logic and you can't straighten the function, what are you allowed to change?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unix group file limitation

Does anyone know how to get around the unix group file limitation whereby you have a limit of 1024 characters when adding users to a unix group? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmillie
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size limitation of unix sort command.

hi , iam trying to sort millions of records which is delimited and i cant able to use sort command more than 60 million..if i try to do so i got an message stating that "File size limit exceeded",Is there any file size limit for using sort command.. How can i solve this problem. thanks ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
7 Replies

4. Linux

File size limitation for rcp

Hi I am trying to rcp a file from Solaris box to Linux. When the file size is 2,205,255,047, the rcp fails with the message Jan 10 01:11:53 hqsas167 rsh: pam_authenticate: error Authentication failed However when I rcp a file with smaller size - 9,434,477 - the rcp completes with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schoubal
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix -- Space problem -- File number limitation?

Dear all Recently I cant touch file in one mount point (which is not full, 78% full only), it says can't write to device, obviously it means it's full, I deleted some files and I can write some files only. I wonder is there any file number limitation in a mount point and how can I check or how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetchmail - log file size limitation

Hi, I am using fetchmail in my application so as to download mails to the localhost where the application is hosted from the mailserver.Fetchmail is configured as as to run as a daemon polling mails during an interval of 1sec. So my concern here is, during each 2sec it is writing two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
10 Replies

7. Solaris

How to extend 2 GB file size limitation

Hello All, I am using a SunOS machine. My application creates output files for the downstream systems. However output files are restricted to 2GB of file size in SunOS due to which I am forced to create multiple files which is not supported by the downstream due to some limitations. Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping/Reading file contents not working

Hi, I am doing something basic, but I am missing something. Im trying to read the contents of a file and taking those values and connecting to a database. However, it only connect to one (or reads in) value and then exists. Here is what it looks like: listname.txt db1 db2 db3 Script:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
15 Replies

9. HP-UX

NFS file transfer limitation

Hello friends, i hace a problem in nfs file transfer i mounted hp-unix directory into linux directory the command i used: mount <IP_Address>:/home/new /usr/new i have already done everything in linux side for exporting. then i tried to copy a file which one size is 18 gb but file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
5 Replies

10. Linux

File size limitation in Linux

Hi friends, I tried to take a backup of my PC using tar command. But it ended with an error tar: /home/backup/back.tar.gz: Cannot write: No space left on device tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now But i checked the disk space and there is enough space is available. ]# df Filesystem... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
11 Replies
line(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           line(1)

NAME
line - read one line SYNOPSIS
line DESCRIPTION
The line utility copies one line (up to and including a new-line) from the standard input and writes it on the standard output. It returns an exit status of 1 on EOF and always prints at least a new-line. It is often used within shell files to read from the user's terminal. EXIT STATUS
Exit status is: 0 Successful completion >0 End-of-file on input. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), read(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 line(1)