Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian apt-get package manager capability Post 302568430 by fpmurphy on Thursday 27th of October 2011 09:46:07 AM
Old 10-27-2011
There is something very wrong with your example. The yum install option installs packages - not individual files.

As far as apt-get is concerned, have a look at the --fix-broken and the --fix-missing options.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apt-get is unabel to find the package

Hi All, I am getting the following error when installing teh package kernel-source-2.6.10 ba-chroot:~# apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.10 Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done E: Couldn't find package kernel-source-2.6.10 thanks & Regards Gauri (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Software Package Manager

Hi there, maybe one of you knows the software package tool during the installation of solaris 10. You are able to choose an installtion and customize it with pressing F4 .... a very nice list occurs where you can select packages like apache, ssh and so on ... Is it possible to start this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexler76
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which Package Manager?

I came across a number of apparent tarballs of OS packages which are in a format which I do not recognize. Does anybody know which packet manager uses this format? # ls pkg_cfiles pkg_data pkg_data32 pkg_data64 pkg_info pkg_scripts pkg_signature # cat pkg_info PACKAGE=8.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpmurphy
3 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)                                                                                                                  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)