Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian apt-get package manager capability Post 302568430 by fpmurphy on Thursday 27th of October 2011 09:46:07 AM
Old 10-27-2011
There is something very wrong with your example. The yum install option installs packages - not individual files.

As far as apt-get is concerned, have a look at the --fix-broken and the --fix-missing options.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apt-get is unabel to find the package

Hi All, I am getting the following error when installing teh package kernel-source-2.6.10 ba-chroot:~# apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.10 Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done E: Couldn't find package kernel-source-2.6.10 thanks & Regards Gauri (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Software Package Manager

Hi there, maybe one of you knows the software package tool during the installation of solaris 10. You are able to choose an installtion and customize it with pressing F4 .... a very nice list occurs where you can select packages like apache, ssh and so on ... Is it possible to start this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexler76
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which Package Manager?

I came across a number of apparent tarballs of OS packages which are in a format which I do not recognize. Does anybody know which packet manager uses this format? # ls pkg_cfiles pkg_data pkg_data32 pkg_data64 pkg_info pkg_scripts pkg_signature # cat pkg_info PACKAGE=8.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpmurphy
3 Replies
SBUILD-APT(1)							   Debian sbuild						     SBUILD-APT(1)

NAME
sbuild-apt - run apt-get or apt-cache in an sbuild chroot SYNOPSIS
sbuild-apt [-h|--help | -V|--version] CHROOT (apt-get|apt-cache) [ARG1 [ARG2 [ARGn...]]] DESCRIPTION
sbuild-apt runs apt-get(1) or apt-cache(1) inside the specified chroot, along with any additional arguments. OPTIONS
Actions -h, --help Display this manual. -V, --version Print version information. Chroot selection CHROOT The chroot to run the command in. Note that 'o', 's', 't', 'u' and 'e' may be used as abbreviations for 'oldstable', 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable' and 'experimental', respectively. APT options apt-get Run apt-get. apt-cache Run apt-cache. ARG Additional arguments to pass to apt-get or apt-cache. EXAMPLES
To update the APT package lists in the unstable chroot: % sbuild-apt unstable apt-get update Note that sbuild-update(1) is a more convenient method for doing the above. AUTHORS
Roger Leigh. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
apt-cache(1), apt-get(1), sbuild(1), sbuild-update(1), sbuild-upgrade(1). Version 0.63.2 18 Aug 2012 SBUILD-APT(1)