Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories Post 302568385 by felipe.vinturin on Thursday 27th of October 2011 07:17:29 AM
Old 10-27-2011
When I copied your script, I did not see that there was a space between the variable name, equal sign and the command:

Code:
find /home/tester/datasets/ -name "hour_*.txt" -type f | \
while read fname
do
	fileBaseName=`basename "${fname}"`
	fileDirName=`dirname "${fname}"`

#	echo "fileBaseName: [${fileDirName}][${fileBaseName}] - fname[${fname}]"

awk -v outputPath="${fileDirName}" '{print $0 > outputPath "/" $2 ".txt"}' "${fname}"
	awk -v outputPath="${fileDirName}" '{print > outputPath "/" "n_" FILENAME}' RS= " " "${fileDirName}/cust_*.txt"
	awk -v outputPath="${fileDirName}" 'FNR>3 {print > outputPath "/" "fin_" FILENAME}' "${fileDirName}/n_cust*.txt"
done

Code:
fileBaseName = `basename "${fname}"` # Wrong
fileBaseName=`basename "${fname}"`   # Correct

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perform a command to multiple files

How do I perform a command to multiple files? For example, I want to look at all files in a directory and print the ones that do not contain a certain string. How do I go about doing this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcgrawa
4 Replies

2. AIX

Script to perform some actions on multiple files

I have this Korn script that I wrote (with some help) that is run by cron. I basically watches a file system for a specific filename to be uploaded (via FTP), checks to make sure that the file is no longer being uploaded (by checking the files size), then runs a series of other scripts. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search string in multiple files using awk

Hi, filenames: contains name of list of files to search in. placelist contains the names of places to be searched in all files in "filenames" for i in $(<filenames) do egrep -f placelist $i if ] then echo $i fi done >> outputfile Output i am getting: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk

Hello, I am trying to write a bash shell script that does the following: 1.Finds all *.txt files within my directory of interest 2. reads each of the files (25 files) one by one (tab-delimited format and have the same data format) 3. skips the first 10 rows of the file 4. extracts and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from multiple directories

I have multiple files that starts as TRADE_LOG spread across multiple folders in the given structure.. ./dir1/1/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir2/10/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir11/12/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir12/13/TRADE_LOG*.gz when I do ftp uisng mput from the "." dir I am getting the below given error mput... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting multiple directories inside multiple directories

Hi, Very unfamiliar with unix/linux stuff. Our admin is on vacation so, need help very quickly. I have directories (eg 40001, 40002, etc) that each have one subdirectory (01). Each subdir 01 has multiple subdirs (001, 002, 003, etc). They are same in each dir. I need to keep the top and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkouraus1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create multiple directories with awk

Hello all. Newbie here. In a directory, I have 50 files and one additional file that is a list of the names of the 50 files. I would like to create a directory for each of the 50 files, and I need the 50 directory names to correspond to the 50 file names. I know this can be done by running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeckendorff
6 Replies
ZIP_NAME_LOCATE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						ZIP_NAME_LOCATE(3)

NAME
zip_name_locate - get index of file by name LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> int zip_name_locate(struct zip *archive, const char *fname, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The zip_name_locate function returns the index of the file named fname in archive. If archive does not contain a file with that name, -1 is returned. The are specified by or'ing the following values, or 0 for none of them. ZIP_FL_NOCASE Ignore case distinctions. ZIP_FL_NODIR Ignore directory part of file name in archive. RETURN VALUES
zip_name_locate returns the index of the file named fname or -1, if archive does not contain an entry of that name. ERRORS
The zip_name_locate function fails and sets the error information to ZIP_ER_NOENT if no entry of the name fname is found in the archive. If one of the arguments is invalid, the error information is set to ZIP_ER_INVAL. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_get_name(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH October 4, 2006 ZIP_NAME_LOCATE(3)