Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing HTML tags
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Removing HTML tags Post 302568287 by jayan_jay on Thursday 27th of October 2011 02:43:07 AM
Old 10-27-2011
Put the removable html codes in a separate file ..
Code:
$ cat tags_to_remove
<p>
<strong>
&nbsp;
<div>
<em>
</em>
</strong>
</p>
</div>
$

And then run the following line ..
Code:
$ while read line; do sed "s,$line,,g" infile > infile1 ; mv infile1 infile; done<tags_to_remove

If needed, To remove the leading white spaces ..
Code:
$ nawk '{sub(/^[ \t]+/, "")};1' infile > outfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing html tags via parameter expansion

Hi all- I have a variable that contains a web page: echo $STUFF <html> <head> <title>my page</title></head> <body> blah blah etc.. Can I use the shell's parameter expansion abilities to remove just the tags? I thought that FIXHTML=${STUFF//<*>/} might do it, but it didn't seem to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rev66
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching & replacing/removing only certain HTML tags

I generally save a lot of web pages for reading offline which works out great for school. Now I have to spend a lot of time on the bus and I am looking for the best way to read some of these webpages using my Nokia 7610. I have uploaded the files to my phone, but they are deadly deadly slow to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naphelge
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing html format with sed

Hello i am trying to remove the html format from the file using sed. for example remove <p> </p> i tried to do this : sed -e 's/<*>//g' test > test.t but still i have some html format . please help if you have any suggestions lets say this is the html file 1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: koricha
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing HTML, get text between 2 HTML tags

Hi there, I'm quite new to the forum and shell scripting. I want to filter out the "166.0 points". The results, that i found in google / the forum search didn't helped me :( <a href="/user/test" class="headitem menu" style="color:rgb(83,186,224);">test</a><a href="/points" class="headitem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mysthik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove html tags with particular string inside the tags

Could someone, please provide a solution to the following: I would like to remove some tags from the "head" of multiple html documents across the web site. They look like <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Business and Investment in the Philippines"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing html tags

I store different variance of the below in an xml file. and apparently, xml has an issue loading up data like this because it contains html tags. i would like to preserve this data as it is, but unfortunately, xml says i cant. so i have to strip out all the html tags. the examples i found... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script: Removing HTML tags and duplicate lines

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You will write a script that will remove all HTML tags from an HTML document and remove any consecutive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Html - Removing transparency on tooltips

I want to use the tooltip in html, however the tranparency is creating problem for detailed tooltips as the text from the back interferes with the readability of the tooltip text. I have done the following changes, however the normal tooltip es still transparent I call it using <a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)