Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Do expect script have "or" statement? Post 302568260 by sk860811 on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 10:08:12 PM
Old 10-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoulov
Code:
expect {
    "\[AB]" {
        send "123"
    }
    "C" {
        send "567"
    }

If you real patterns are more complex, you'll need a different solution.
Thanks for you solution.

And I got some question about that...
Is that just support one character of change inside each square brackets?

How can I define "with space" or "no space" case?
In my situation, I need to login to difference server by using that same expect script. Some of the server using "ftp>", and some using "ftp >"
As your suggestion, I'm trying to expect "ftp\[ ]>"
but it seem doesn't work in this case. Am I missing something?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about "sleep" command in expect script

I wrote some expect script to telnet to some device to execute some commands.Firstly,I can't get full result some time,then I try to add some "sleep" command in it.Fortunately it works. My idea about it is that it uses sleep command to wait the result to be displayed.Am I right or correct the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec perl in expect script yields "invalid command"

I'm trying to execute something like this: exec perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' '${file}' in my expect script and I get: error "invalid command name \"perl\". however, if I run perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' "/Users/Shared/menu-items.txt" directly in my terminal, it runs fine. I'm an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpouliot
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing username and password to a script running inside "expect" script

Hi I'm trying to run a script " abc.sh" which triggers "use.sh" . abc.sh is nothing but a "expect" script which provides username and password automatically to the use.sh script. Please find below the scripts: #abc.sh #!/usr/bin/expect -f exec /root/use.sh expect "*name*" send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baddykam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Variables are Empty immediately after "Setting" Them?

Hello All, I have embedded some expect code inside a Bash script I'm writing, but for some reason any variable I 'set' to something is showing as empty immediately on the next line... I haven't run into this problem before so I'm not sure what it could be...? I'm guessing it has something to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone please show me a very simple "expect" script to change password in Solaris please?

Ladies & Gents, Can one of you gurus please show me a very simple "expect" script to change the password in Solaris in a script, please? Nothing fancy, no error checking, no nothing. Just to change the password of a new user, it's all. Many thanks in advance. U guys have honestly earned my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)