Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to unmount a folder and do check disk only in that path Post 302568065 by mirrorx on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 05:50:20 AM
Old 10-26-2011
How to unmount a folder and do check disk only in that path

I need to check if a folder has some kind of logic disk problems.

I have a FreeBSD machine where the (root)\tmp\TEST folder has some file created by a script that i cannot delete.

If i rename the tmp\TEST folder then i can delete them (apparently) but if i recreate a folder in tmp directory with the same name 'TEST' the files 'magically' reappears.

So i need to unmount the folder and do a checkdisk but only in this folder (as the machine is actually hosting a firewall system and i want to be sure to not compromise the other files in the system).

As i'm really at first step in linux/freebsd command learning:

how can i unmount the folder tmp and how can i do a checkdisk only in tmp folder?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check the actual path instead of link path

Hi I have a path link /test/df/link1/actual/file1 here link1 is actually a softlink link1= a/b i need to print the ACTUAL FULL path instead of a linked path is there any direct command to print the actual path of any linked path eg showPhyscialPath /test/df/link1/actual/file1 and it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unmount and remove all Logical vol.Volume group and physical disk

Hi, Someone please help me with how i can unmount and remove all the files systems from a cluster. This is being shared by two servers that are active_standby. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeli
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls + folder path

I am using ls -l -R to view all the files in the parent directory and sub -directories. Is it possible to view the path of the files in another column. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

/usr out of disk space need to unmount/ expand volume /mount

Greetings, I am running HP-UX 10.2 and /usr is out of disk space already. I installed IE 5.0 for UNIX on my machine under /usr and browsed the Internet for a while and presto no more disk space. I have plenty of hard disk space on my computer so would like to expand the size of the volume. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

When a disk won't 'Unmount"

hdiutil detach -Force disk&number (ex:hdiutil detach -Force disk1) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Given a path get the last folder in the path

Hi, I have a path such as: PATH= "/home/user/Desktop/folder1/folder2"and I want to output the last folder in the path i.e. "folder 2" Any idea how I should do this? grep? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies
mhpath(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhpath(1)

NAME
mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
mhpath [+foldername] [msgs] [-help] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. DESCRIPTION
Use the mhpath command to display the full pathname of the specified folder. If you do not specify a folder, mhpath displays the pathname of the current folder. If you specify a message with its message number, mhpath displays the pathname of the specified message. You can also specify a number of messages, or a range of messages. If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, mhpath displays as much of the specified range as possible. Additionally mhpath can take a keyword or a sequence name. The following keywords are acceptable: The first message in the folder. The last message in the folder. The message after the last message in the folder. You cannot use new as part of a message range. The current message in the folder. The message before the current message. The message after the current message. All of the messages in the folder. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory EXAMPLES
In the following example, mhpath displays message 3 in the folder +inbox: % mhpath +inbox 3 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox The following example dis- plays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder: % mhpath 2-5 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5 FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1) mhpath(1)