Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 Express - freezes on startup! Post 302568063 by Smokin Whale on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 05:30:16 AM
Old 10-26-2011
I need to run two Windows based servers... one for an AutoDesk Vault server and one for an old accounting system which is remotely accessed.

VMWare ESXi is too much effort for what I'm trying to do... Solaris Zones are useless to me too unfortunately. I don't have much choice apart from VirtualBox, and even older versions do not want to work... I'm going to try and old build from 2010 and see if that helps Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 freezes up while logging in.....!!!!

Hi all, I have installed Solaris along with Xp ....The installation was successful... I get the Grub menu displaying Solaris along with Win Xp....After i select Solaris the following happens, "Failed to initialize inband hotplug controller" The above message repeats three times & i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codewarrior
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter solaris express

Hello, | am trying to setup ipfilter on solaris express snv_91 but I don't seem to have the following file available. /etc/ipf/pfil.ap Is this an older way of configuring the interface?, I have all the packages installed. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 freezes at the beginning of an installation

Just as the subject says, I'm having trouble with Solaris 10 (08/05) freezing on me at the beginning of an installation. (While I'm new to Unix, I have messed around with a few versions of Linux, and I'm not unfamiliar with installing OS's on machines -- I will try to provide as much... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbyram82
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Express or OpenIndiana

Simply question which should I use. correct me if I'm wrong but Solaris Express is taking the place of Opensolaris and is officially sanctioned by Oracle and OpenIndiana is what used to be OpenSolaris. If I opt for OpenIndiana is it going to follow the official Oracle Solaris releases or are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael78
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSolaris, Solaris, Solaris Express - differences

What are the differences between these systems? I have to use Oracle's product but I do not know who to choose (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
3 Replies

6. Solaris

In doubt to install Solaris 11 Express

Hi guys. I'm in doubt to install Solaris 11 Express or to install Solaris 10. I tried it a few months ago and that was totally disaster because Solaris 11 was slow as my granny :wall: My PC from my perspective has more than enough HW power to run Solaris 11. OS Name: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express - cannot reboot remotely

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. I have problems trying to reboot the computer remotely. When I log to the local console as the root-user and run reboot everything is fine. But when I log in remotely from a Windows machine using putty and do the same, the computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies
FPDNS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 FPDNS(1p)

NAME
fpdns - DNS server fingeprinting tool SYNOPSIS
fpdns [ -c ] [ -d ] [ -f ] [ -F nchild ] [ -p port ] [ -Q srcaddr ] [ -r retry ] [ -s ] [ -S separator ] [ -t timeout ] [ -v ] [server(s)] DESCRIPTION
fpdns is a program that remotely determines DNS server versions. It does this by sending a series of borderline DNS queries which are compared against a table of responses and server versions. False positives or incorrect versions may be reported when trying to identify a set of servers residing behind a load-balancing apparatus where the servers are of different implementations, when a specific implementation behaves like a forwarder, behind a firewall without statefull inspection or without Application Intelligence. OPTIONS
-c Where appropriate check CH TXT version. Off by default. -d Enable debugging. Off by default. -D Check all authoritative servers of the specified domain name. -f Force checking of CH TXT version. Off by default. -F nchild Maximum number of forked child processes. Defaults to 10. -p port Port to query remote nameserver on. Default is 53. -Q srcaddr Set the source IP address to use. -r retry Number of attempt to retry fingerprints. Defaults to 1. -s Short display form. Useful for surveys. -S Separator. Defaults to " ". -t timeout Set the query timeout in seconds. Defaults to 5. -T Use TCP instead of UDP. -v Show version of fpdns. server IP address or name to query. Alternatively may be '-' to read from a list of these from stdin AUTHORS
fpdns was written by Roy Arends and Jakob Schlyter. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-10 FPDNS(1p)