Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris V445 unable to boot because of an error Post 302568047 by kenosongo on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 03:01:47 AM
Old 10-26-2011
V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs:
Code:
0>Test CPU(s)....Done
0>Interrupt Crosscall....|
SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail
able
Done
0>Init Memory....|
SC Alert: Host System has Reset
'Done
0>PLL Reset....Done
0>Init Memory....Done
0>Test Memory....-
0>ERROR: TEST = Address Bitwalk on Master
0>H/W under test = CPU0 B1/D1 J0702 side 1 (Bank 2), CPU Module C0
0>Repair Instructions: Replace items in order listed by 'H/W under test' above.
0>MSG = Pin 175 failed on CPU0 B1/D1 J0702 side 1 (Bank 2), CPU Module C0
0>END_ERROR
0>Test CPU(s)....Done
0>Interrupt Crosscall....|
SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail
able
Done
0>Init Memory....|
SC Alert: Host System has Reset
'Done
0>PLL Reset....Done
0>Init Memory....Done
0>Test Memory....-
0>ERROR: TEST = Address Bitwalk on Master
0>H/W under test = CPU0 B1/D1 J0702 side 1 (Bank 2), CPU Module C0
0>Repair Instructions: Replace items in order listed by 'H/W under test' above.
0>MSG = Pin 175 failed on CPU0 B1/D1 J0702 side 1 (Bank 2), CPU Module C0
0>END_ERROR
ERROR: /pci@1e,600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Kindly advise.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags <- click the link!

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-26-2011 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to boot with XP after installing SUSE

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post. I had following setup before installing SUSE Linux: Windows 98 installed on Primary partition Windows XP installed on Extended Partition When I installed SUSE, it shared space from primary partition and shrunk the size of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

2. Solaris

unable to boot from disk1

I had installed solaris 10 on 440 on disk 0. I had done ufsrestore on disk1 from tape and then rebooted Rebooting with command: boot disk1 Boot device: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/disk@1,0 File and args: SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_118833-24 64-bit Copyright 1983-2006 Sun Microsystems,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to boot after an error in mirroring root

Hey Guys, I am using a Sun sparc server and had 6 disks. The root was loaded on c0t10d0s0 disk. I made an image or mirrored the root to another disk c0t9d0s0. But during the process instead of attaching submirrors to main mirror (d0 <--- d01 and d11) i attached d0 <--- d01 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjcool
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

unable to boot into MAC OS X86

Hi friends I am newbiee to MACOS ,the thing is that i installed MAC OS X86 10.5.6 into my VAIO-VGN-CR343N series without any problem and after rebooting I was unable to boot into macos and tried options like -v -f but no progress..can somebody help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to boot Fedora 10

Hello, I have a test PC running Fedora 10. Friday evening it was working fine, I have some perl scripts which are scheduled to run every morning. But when I started work this morning, I found I cannot ping the machine. When I switched on the monitor, I saw the GRUB promt :(. I am not sure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaramaRaju
10 Replies

6. Ubuntu

grub problem - unable to boot

I am not able to boot into my ubuntu. Grub gives me this message How do I boot linux? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Failure to boot v445

Hi Guys, I have a small problem with a v445 which I have been informed will only boot with the reconfigure option enabled. It is attached to HP SAN storage using qla2300 FCA's with a Veritas encapsulated rootvoldg (No Laughing here please) when I try a reboot I get the following error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to boot up after P2V

Hi, I just P2V an old machine running Redhat 5.5 on a physical server. After P2V was completed, when boot up it got an error. Please refer to the attachment for the error. Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)