Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Apache server trying to connect with unknown ip:80 Post 302568000 by click on Tuesday 25th of October 2011 08:56:04 PM
Old 10-25-2011
Why did you decide that the connections were made by the Apache daemon? Can you look trough your Apache logs and post relevant parts here? From posted ip addresses I cannot say this traffic is suspicions because I don`t know your network. What I can tell you is that :

128.63.2.53 - a dns server at University of Maryland
202.12.27.33 - a root dns server at The University of Tokyo
204.141.87.16 - website hosted at "NTT Communications is the international and long distance service arm of NTT (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation), one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world (ranked 31st in the Global Fortune 500 list of 2011)."

Those are not suspicions addresses to me. Please review your logs and post the spamming message. Also make sure that some of your users was not generating this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installed apache server , can't connect from outside (using CentOS in WMware )

Hello all I installed apache in CentOS 5.5 ,after searching the web for tips on configuration I did the fallowing stuff to unable connecting the http server from outside. In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf I changed the Listen value to 0.0.0.8011 Then checked with then check with: netstat -anp and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Identify unknown LAN server from IP or MAC address

Hi, I just got a little task trying to seemingly find a needle in a haystack. I have a server (FreeBSD) where several NFS mounts are established from a host somewhere on the local LAN with the 192.168.x.x prefix. Needless to say, the guy who set this up wasn't too fond of documenting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
2 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

4. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SFTP Error Server Unknown

Not sure if this is the right forum and I apologies if not. I use Expression web to update our website on a UNIX server using SFTP. I use the same laptop, software, that works fine when at home, but when I travel, I tend to get a unknown server error. I am suspecting that it has something to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ae3799t
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache - capture DBI profiling data from Apache/mod_perl SYNOPSIS
Add this line to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache (If you're using mod_perl2, see "When using mod_perl2" for some additional notes.) Then restart your server. Access the code you wish to test using a web browser, then shutdown your server. This will create a set of dbi.prof.* files in your Apache log directory. Get a profiling report with dbiprof: dbiprof /path/to/your/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* When you're ready to perform another profiling run, delete the old files and start again. DESCRIPTION
This module interfaces DBI::ProfileDumper to Apache/mod_perl. Using this module you can collect profiling data from mod_perl applications. It works by creating a DBI::ProfileDumper data file for each Apache process. These files are created in your Apache log directory. You can then use the dbiprof utility to analyze the profile files. USAGE
LOADING THE MODULE The easiest way to use this module is just to set the DBI_PROFILE environment variable in your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache The DBI will look after loading and using the module when the first DBI handle is created. It's also possible to use this module by setting the Profile attribute of any DBI handle: $dbh->{Profile} = "2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache"; See DBI::ProfileDumper for more possibilities, and DBI::Profile for full details of the DBI's profiling mechanism. WRITING PROFILE DATA The profile data files will be written to your Apache log directory by default. The user that the httpd processes run as will need write access to the directory. So, for example, if you're running the child httpds as user 'nobody' and using chronolog to write to the logs directory, then you'll need to change the default. You can change the destination directory either by specifying a "Dir" value when creating the profile (like "File" in the DBI::ProfileDumper docs), or you can use the "DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR" env var to change that. For example: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR /server_root/logs When using mod_perl2 Under mod_perl2 you'll need to either set the "DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR" env var, or enable the mod_perl2 "GlobalRequest" option, like this: PerlOptions +GlobalRequest to the global config section you're about test with DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache. If you don't do one of those then you'll see messages in your error_log similar to: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache on_destroy failed: Global $r object is not available. Set: PerlOptions +GlobalRequest in httpd.conf at ..../DBI/ProfileDumper/Apache.pm line 144 Naming the files The default file name is inherited from DBI::ProfileDumper via the filename() method, but DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache appends the parent pid and the current pid, separated by dots, to that name. Silencing the log By default a message is written to STDERR (i.e., the apache error_log file) when flush_to_disk() is called (either explicitly, or implicitly via DESTROY). That's usually very useful. If you don't want the log message you can silence it by setting the "Quiet" attribute true. PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache/Quiet:1 $dbh->{Profile} = "!Statement/DBI::ProfileDumper/Quiet:1"; $dbh->{Profile} = DBI::ProfileDumper->new( Path => [ '!Statement' ] Quiet => 1 ); GATHERING PROFILE DATA Once you have the module loaded, use your application as you normally would. Stop the webserver when your tests are complete. Profile data files will be produced when Apache exits and you'll see something like this in your error_log: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache writing to /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2604.2619 Now you can use dbiprof to examine the data: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2604.* By passing dbiprof a list of all generated files, dbiprof will automatically merge them into one result set. You can also pass dbiprof sorting and querying options, see dbiprof for details. CLEANING UP Once you've made some code changes, you're ready to start again. First, delete the old profile data files: rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* Then restart your server and get back to work. OTHER ISSUES
Memory usage DBI::Profile can use a lot of memory for very active applications because it collects profiling data in memory for each distinct query run. Calling "flush_to_disk()" will write the current data to disk and free the memory it's using. For example: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile}; or, rather than flush every time, you could flush less often: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile} and ++$i % 100; AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-06-24 DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)