Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers text file output on local server Post 302567880 by AJ-102111 on Tuesday 25th of October 2011 10:49:05 AM
Old 10-25-2011
Tools text file output on local server

I would imagine that it is possible to have a command's on-screen output placed into a text file; the difficulty I'm having is in getting that text file saved on the local server, while issuing the command on the remote server

Thanks!
-AJ

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dowloading a File from FTP Server to a local Server where User Id's are different

Hi, The Setup is like this. I'm connecting to Unix machine from my local machine. After connecting to Unix M/c, i need to connect FTP server. Am successful in connecting to FTP server, but am not able to download the file from the ftp server to my local machine. I have different user id's and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjith_taurean
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh help - getting the output of remote script to local server.

Hi, I have a script that runs for an hour. Have to run it on remote server and need the output it produces on the remote server to decide for failure or success. I run it through a Autosys Job which logs the outputs, both 1 & 2. I use the commands 1) rsh <SERVER> 'nohup /tmp/xyz.ksh &' 2)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to a local file after sshing

ssh $USR@$host /bin/bash <<EOF awk ' BEGIN{f=0} !f { s=$0; sub(/,.+/, "", s); gsub(//, " ", s); t=(systime()-mktime(s)); if(t<=14400) f=1 } f ' /home/error.log >> error.txt EOFWe are trying to connect to a remote server through ssh and read values from error.log within last 4 hours.However, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepthz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file in remote server from local server?

hi, can anyone tell me how can i store the names of a file that are in remote server to a file and then get the file that contains the name in local server? there is a remote server where 5 files are present , say a.txt b.txt c.txt d.txt e.txt i want to write a script in my local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep remote multiple hosts output to local server

Hello all, i'm trying to create a report by greping a pattern on multiple remote hosts and creta a simple report, actually i did this, is ther any better way to do this. #!/bin/bash for host in `cat RemoteHosts` do ssh $host -C 'hostname 2>&1; grep ERROR /var/log/WebServer.log.2019-09-21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
SMBUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SMBUTIL(1)

NAME
smbutil -- interface to the SMB requester SYNOPSIS
smbutil [-hv] command [-options] [args] DESCRIPTION
The smbutil command is used to control SMB requester and issue various commands. There are two types of options -- global and local to the specified command. Global options are as follows: -h Print a short help message. -v Verbose output. The commands and local options are: crypt [password] Encrypt clear text password for use in the ~/.nsmbrc file. The encrypted password starts with the '$$1' symbols. Warning: the encryption function is very weak and intended only to hide clear text password. If password is omitted from the command line, smbutil will prompt for one. help command Print usage information about command. lc List active connections and their parameters. login [-connection_options] //user@server[/share] Login/attach to the specified server and/or share as user. This command will create and authenticate connection to an SMB server, and will leave it active after exit. Thus, it is possible to login only once and then use other SMB commands without authentication procedure and additional connections. For the description of -connection_options refer to the mount_smbfs(8) manpage (all uppercase options are connection options). logout //user@server[/share] Logout/detach from the specified server and/or share as user. This command will destroy a connection created by the login command. A connection may not be closed immediately if it is used by other programs. lookup [-w host] name Resolve the given name to an IP address. The NetBIOS name server can be directly specified via the -w option. print [-connection_options] //user@server/share file Send the given file to the specified queue on the remote server. If file is -, then standard input will be used. view [-connection_options] //user@server List resources available on the specified server for the user user. FILES
~/.nsmbrc Keeps description for each connection. See ./examples/dot.nsmbrc for details. AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, <bp@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
Please report any bugs to the author. BSD
February 14, 2000 BSD