Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get rid of GPFS ?
Operating Systems AIX How to get rid of GPFS ? Post 302567813 by newtoaixos on Tuesday 25th of October 2011 04:56:39 AM
Old 10-25-2011
How to get rid of GPFS ?

Hi

We are doing the migration of DMX3 disks to DMX4 disks using migratepv. We are not using GPFS but we have gpfs disks present in the server. Can anyone advise how to get rid of GPFS in both the servers cbspsrdb01 and cbspsrdb02. I will do migratepv for the other disks present in the servers but im worried about the gpfs disks.

The below are the outputs from my servers :

Code:

============================================================================================================================
root@cbspsrdb02 [/] #lspv
hdisk6          00c7518dcdac304d                    cbs_nsd02
============================================================================================================================
root@cbspsrdb01 [/] #lspv
hdisk4          00c7518dcdac304d                    cbs_nsd02
root@cbspsrdb01 [/] #mmlsnsd

File system   Disk name    NSD servers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 workfiles     cbs_nsd02    (directly attached)
root@cbspsrdb02 [/] #mmlsnsd

File system   Disk name    NSD servers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 workfiles     cbs_nsd02    (directly attached)
root@cbspsrdb01 [/] #lslpp -l | grep -i gpfs
  gpfs.base                  3.3.0.3  COMMITTED  GPFS File Manager
  gpfs.gui                   3.3.0.1  COMMITTED  GPFS GUI
  gpfs.msg.en_US             3.3.0.3  COMMITTED  GPFS Server Messages - U.S.
  gpfs.docs.data             3.3.0.1  COMMITTED  GPFS Server Manpages and
root@cbspsrdb02 [/] #lslpp -l | grep -i gpfs
  gpfs.gui                   3.3.0.1  COMMITTED  GPFS GUI
  gpfs.msg.en_US             3.3.0.3  COMMITTED  GPFS Server Messages - U.S.
  gpfs.docs.data             3.3.0.1  COMMITTED  GPFS Server Manpages and

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

two gpfs in one node issue

dear all can i create two gpfs in one node each gpfs is pointing to single hdiskpower (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

2. AIX

SSD with GPFS ?

Hi, does anyone here happen to know if I could run GLVM or GPFS on Solid State Disks? I have a high volume / high transaction Sybase HACMP cluster currently setup with SRDF to the DR datacentre. My business now considers to move everything to SSD storage but we still need to get the data to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX GPFS Setup

:cool:Hello, can someone guide me how to create a GPFS filesystem, I've read a couple of redbooks however certain things are still not certain, like if you require to download files or licenses... any help would be appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie01
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to configure new hdisk such that it has a gpfs fs on it and is added to a running gpfs cluster?

Hi, I have a running GPFS cluster. For one every mountpoint that i have created i have one disk assigned to it. That disk is converted to an NSD and is a part of the GPFS Cluster. Now i have a new disk and there is this requirement to add it to the GPFS cluster, such that this becomes an NSD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

5. AIX

GPFS

Hello I am interested if anybody uses GPFS and is it must to have GPFS in the POWERHA environment? and can GPFS work as cluster active active or active passive thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies

6. AIX

GPFS 3.3

Dear all for the last few days i was searching in IBM web site for GPFS 3.3 to upgrade my gpfs from 3.2 to 3.3 and i did not find the download link for the GPFS 3.3 in IBM website please can anyone give me the link . (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. AIX

Performance issues for LPAR with GPFS 3.4

Hi, We have GPFS 3.4 Installed on two AIX 6.1 Nodes. We have 3 GPFS Mount points: /abc01 4TB (Comprises of 14 x 300GB disks from XIV SAN) /abc02 4TB (Comprises of 14 x 300GB disks from XIV SAN) /abc03 1TB ((Comprises of Multiple 300GB disks from XIV SAN) Now these 40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

8. AIX

Questions about setting up GPFS

Hello, I need to test whether our product will work with GPFS filesystems and I have some questions regarding the setup: 1. Do I need to dedicate an entire hard disk if I want to have GPFS on it? Or can I somehow split a disk into 2 virtual disks, and only use 1 for gpfs? 2. If lspv returns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

9. AIX

GPFS is too slow after installtion

we have implement GPFS 3.5.0.10 with 4 nodes cluster AIX 6.1 TL8 and they VIO clients , after that we noticed a big delay while we execute any command like mmgetstate -a will take about 2.5 minutes . time mmgetstate -a Node number Node name GPFS state ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. AIX

Difference between NFS and GPFS

Hello Gurus, Could you please help me out of the difference between GPFS and NFS. Thanks- P (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
1 Replies
vxsplitlines(1M)														  vxsplitlines(1M)

NAME
vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster SYNOPSIS
vxsplitlines [-g diskgroup] [-c daname] DESCRIPTION
If you import portions of a disk group on different systems, this can lead to conflicting configuration copies on the disks of the disk group. If the configuration information in a disk group is ambiguous, it may not be possible for Veritas Volume Manager to determine which config- uration copy is most up-to-date. (This is usually termed a serial split brain (SSB) condition when it occurs in a cluster.) You cannot import a disk group in this state unless you specify which disk's configuration copy to use. You can use the vxsplitlines command to see which disks in a disk group have conflicting configuration copies, and use this information together with your knowledge of the history of the disk groups' usage to determine which configuration copy is most valid. The output from vxsplitlines displays the vxdg commands that you can run to import the disk group using the available configuration copies. The -o selectcp option of the vxdg import command is used to select the configuration copy to use for the import. OPTIONS
-c daname Display the SSB IDs for each disk that are stored in the configuration copy on the disk specified by its disk access name. Note: Although the SSB IDs for some disks may match, this does not necessarily mean that those disks' configuration copies have recorded all the configuration changes. When viewed from some other configuration copies, the SSB IDs of the same disks may not match. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group. If a disk group is not specified, the default disk group is used as determined from the rules on the vxdg(1M) manual page. EXAMPLES
Display the disks on each side of the split in the disk group newdg: vxsplitlines -g newdg Display the SSB IDs stored in the configuration copy on disk c2t4d0: vxsplitlines -g newdg -c c2t4d0 NOTES
The vxsplitlines is primarily intended to be used with private disk groups, but it also works with shared disk groups. The version number of the disk group must be 110 or greater. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsplitlines(1M)