Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with bash script providing battery status Post 302567597 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of October 2011 12:26:42 PM
Old 10-24-2011
I don't know what that "su9" is supposed to do.

ssh doesn't work like that. It tries to run the 'ssh' command locally, waits for it to finish, then tries to run the 'omreport' command locally because you didn't feed the following things into ssh. To feed commands into ssh, you must feed them into ssh. There's several ways to do that.

To run one command on the remote server:

Code:
ssh username@host command

It will run that command then immediately return.

Code:
ssh username@host <<EOF
command1
command2
command3
EOF

It will run the shell script given between <<EOF and EOF.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script providing input to application prompts

Hi! I want to write a script that will create an archive (via tar) that will restrict the size of the tar file. The size can be constrained using the keyword 'k' and providing the size restriction. The problem is that the script needs to know (detect) when the tar command prompts the user (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch8
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIC status bash shell

Hi can someone tell me what command i can use to find the NIC status im using the bash shell. I'v tried ifconfig -a but this comes back as command not found. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Get the battery status (Sparc T1000)

Hi, How to get the battery status and temperature using command in Solaris? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

5. Programming

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%F_”%H_%M”` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of ######### Next Section Does all the processing ######### for i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H.%M.%S` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of echo "Datae-time URL Status code Report" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux/UNIX Bash Shell Script trouble help needed!!

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 2. Shell Bash Script 3. !/bin/bash if echo no directory then mkdir -p /home/AC_Drywall elif ; then echo "$dir already exist" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomFord1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input password to bash script, save, and enter when needed

I am looking for a way to start a script and have it prompt for a password that will be used later on in the script to SSH to another host and to SFTP. I don't want the password to be hard coded. Below is my script with the actual IP's and usernames removed. #!/usr/bin/expect -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Help Needed

I have a small script I wrote to look for empty files on a Linux box. It finds the empty files and emails the list to me. That works great. What I need to do now is set a cron job to run the thing every 10 minutes or so (no problems there) but I don't want to get any more emails if the last email... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wviands
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore exit status for #!/bin/bash -e

I have a file /u/setuplink.txt more setuplink.txt ln -s /u/force.sh stopf.sh ln -s /u/tnohup.sh tnohup.sh ln -s /u/quick.sh startquick.sh more runstat.sh #!/bin/bash -e echo "START" /u/setuplink.txt echo "END" i wish to exit the runstat.sh for any errors except if the link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)