Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files Post 302567564 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of October 2011 11:47:44 AM
Old 10-24-2011
Code:
[ $FILE == "" ]

You only get == in bash and ksh, and even then, only in [[ ]] not [ ].

Try
Code:
[ -z "$FILE" ]

instead, that should work in any shell.

---------- Post updated at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:45 AM ----------

You should use '$look=shift;', not '$look=<STDIN>', since you are not feeding the file into perl as text to standard input, but as a parameter. You shouldn't be asking for it either if you're feeding it into the program automatically.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling one function from another shell script

i have a function defined in one ksh (ksh 1) i want to use that function in another ksh (ksh 2) i am using . $<directoryname>/<ksh name> i am calling the function defined in ksh 1 in ksh 2 i want the returnstatus from the above operation but it is not executing the function what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma shell script

Hi, I have searched the forum for the query, But i didnt find an exact answer. I have a script(1.sh) and a c program(sample.c) sample.c contains many function definitions.( run(), find(), add() etc). I want to call functions in sample.c from 1.sh and use the return value in 1.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma Perl script

Hi All, How can we call a c function from a perl script? Is it the same way as we do for shell script ? Thanks in advance JS (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a function in Shell script troubleshooting

Some Code After Some code part is executed the control doesnt go to rvin_doxx_scrt.. and the script exits rvin_doxx_scrt() { Some Code } if (som code) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to load data by calling sqlldr

Hello all, I know this is Unix forum, but i also know that there are some experts here who can help me out with this situation; I am loading a data file into oracle table using Perl script by calling sqlldr script. It does not do anything, and no data is getting loaded. Any help,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function in cpp file inside shell script

Hi I need to call a function written in a cpp file with arguments inside the shell script..Can anyone help me how to do this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for Calling a function and writing all its contents to a file

I have a function which does awk proceessing sub mergeDescription { system (q@awk -F'~' ' NR == FNR { A = $1 B = $2 C = $0 next } { n = split ( C, V, "~" ) if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a function in shell scripting to execute sql files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and i need to write a automation script to execute sql files. I need to check the table if it is there in system tables and need to write a function to call the .sql files. For ex. I have a.sql,b.sql,c.sql files, where the sql file contains DELETE and INSERT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies
INN::Config(3pm)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  INN::Config(3pm)

NAME
Config.pm - Export all the variables an INN Perl script might need DESCRIPTION
This Perl module sets up any and all the variables that an INN Perl script might need. More particularly, it allows to use inn.conf variables: they are all provided by innconfval, as well as the version of INN (in the variable $INN::Config::version). Other useful variables are also provided (directories, files, programs, masks, parameters) and you should have a look at the source code of the module to see what you can use in your Perl scripts. You only have to declare the module at the beginning of them: use lib '<pathnews>/lib/perl'; use INN::Config; Then, you can for instance use: print $INN::Config::localmaxartsize; to print the value of localmaxartsize as it is set in inn.conf. You can also specify a version when you import the module. If you write: use INN::Config 2.5.0; only versions of INN superior to 2.5.0 will be able to run the Perl script. It is also possible to import the variables directly in your namespace if you specify what you want to import: use INN::Config qw($localmaxartsize $pathbin); Note that a legacy innshellvars.pl is also provided in pathnews/lib for compatibility reasons with old Perl scripts not shipped with INN. It was used by versions of INN anterior to 2.5.0. The corresponding scripts for Shell and Tcl are, however, still in use: innshellvars and innshellvars.tcl. They offer the same capabilities as this module. HISTORY
innshellvars.pl was written by James Brister <brister@vix.com> for InterNetNews in 1996. It was converted to the INN::Config Perl module by Julien Elie in 2007. $Id: Config.pm.in 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
inn.conf(5), innconfval(1), perl(1). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 INN::Config(3pm)