Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat can't update the default gateway Post 302567554 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of October 2011 11:34:05 AM
Old 10-24-2011
'gateway' is not a per-card setting. Set it in /etc/sysconfig/network
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can I change the default gateway?

my actual default gatewas IP is: default 192.168.11.254 and I need to change it to 192.168.11.2, I'm using Solaris 9, how can i do it? and how i can save it in case that the machine restart and have the new default gateway IP saved? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcg
3 Replies

3. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

where can i modify default gateway

where in configuration files can i modify default gateway in hp-ux11iv3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

5. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Can not ping default gateway

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 2 identical systems in the same subnet here. They can ping and ssh each other. One can ping the default gateway and one can not with error '... icmp_seq Destination Host Unreachable'. I can't find any difference between the two systems in terms of network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change Default gateway

Hi..I have to change default gateway in my linux machine. Its OS is RHEL6. I followed following steps. 1.run command ip route to check current default gateway 2.delete that gateway with command route del default gw x.x.x.x eth2 3.Add new gatewy with command below route add default gateway... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
IFSERVICES(5)						       Network configuration						     IFSERVICES(5)

NAME
ifservices-* - control network services with ifup/down SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ DESCRIPTION
The directory /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ is read by the script /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-services which starts and stops system services when an interface is set up/down. ifup-services is used by /sbin/ifup, which is the command line user interface for setting up network interfaces. This is useful if you don't have a permanent network connection. If you sometimes boot without network and plug in the network cable later you can add links to system services in this directory. These services will then be started with ifup and stopped with ifdown. The configuration name used for ifservices-* should match exactly the configuration name of the ifcfg-* file for the interface. For the usage with NetworkManager (where you don't necessarily need a ifcfg-* file) you can also use /etc/sysconfig/network/ifser- vices-<interface>-<essid>/ (for wlan interfaces) or if that does not exist /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<interface>/. As a final fallback /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices/ is checked as well. If NetworkManager is active services will be stopped after the interface is down. The links in this directory are equal to the links in the runlevel directories /etc/init.d/rc*.d/ They have to point to service start scripts which are usually in /etc/init.d/. Links starting with 'S' are start links, which are called in alphabetical order after ifup has set up the interface. Links starting with 'K' are kill links which are called before ifdown takes down the interface. See also section Sequencing Directories in boot (7). EXAMPLE
In this example we use an interface with MAC address 00:de:ad:be:af:00. This interface is not always physically connected. As soon as you plug in the cable ypbind and autofs should be started. When you pull the cable they should be stopped. This can be reached with: in file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00 ... STARTMODE=ifplugd ... in dir /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00/ S10portmap -> /etc/init.d/portmap S20ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind S30autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs S20autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs K30ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind Now you have to disable the start of this services at boot time chkconfig ypbind off chkconfig autofs off Notes: You may call scripts/create-ifservices-directory [<interface_name>] to create a directory with the links from this example. This will cre- ate the directory ifservices-<interface_name> or if no interface name was given ifservices-template. Maybe you have to add also variable IFPLUGD_PRIORITY. For details about startmode ifplugd read ifup (8). The service portmap had to be added because ypbind needs it. This service is still started at boot time because it does not need an active network connection. But ypbind may now be started earlier as usual. Therefore we make sure that portmap is started before. Starting an already running service again does not affect the service. SEE ALSO
ifup(8), ifcfg(5). AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> sysconfig February 2005 IFSERVICES(5)