Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replacing ftp with sftp in the script.... Post 302567502 by vbe on Monday 24th of October 2011 10:33:57 AM
Old 10-24-2011
Is there a reason why you are not using scp? (can be configured to not ask for passwd...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Upgrading' to sftp from ftp

Somebody made a policy that 'we use sftp now instead of ftp'. I have recommended we use scp because I can't for the life of me think of a *good* reason to use sftp and not scp. But most of what I do is stupid stuff without a good reason. I get judged on how much I can just say yes, no matter how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CodeMonkey76
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script from ftp to sftp

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i have my own server and upload file with ftp with this script ftp -n xxxxxxxxxcom<<EOF user xxxx xxxx binary put image bye EOF i want to convert to sftp or secure protocol when change to sftp no respond it stop i don't know how to start ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lftp script to connect to external sftp site and download to internal ftp and then send email

Hi there, I'm new to shell scripting and need some help if possible? I need to create a shell script (.sh) to run as a cron job on an ubuntu linux server to connect to an external sftp sites directory using credentials (which I have) and then download to our internal ftp server and then copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghath
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrate from FTP to SFTP

Hi,I am using following code for FTP in shell script file and it is working.Now I want to migrate from FTP to SFTP.What code changes/steps I have to perform for SFTP ? ftp -in <<FIN open $SAP_UP_SERVER user $SAP_UP_USER $SAP_UP_PASSWORD asc put... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitin Varshneya
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace FTP with SFTP

Hi All, I am in the process of replacing SFTP instead of FTP to make data more secure. In one of my FTP script I have Quote Site command. I would like to know, what is the option to replace this in SFTP ftp -n -v <<! | tee -a $LOG | grep "Transfer complete" >/dev/null open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desai.vishnu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migration from FTP to SFTP

Hi Everyone, We are migrating from FTP to SFTP. We used the following script for FTP: echo "ftp -np -i -v << EOF" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "open ${SRC_FTP_SERVER} " >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "user ${SRC_FTP_USER} ${SRC_FTP_PWD}" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "binary" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigsaw16
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and SFTP functionality

Hi Friends, I need to make a Unix script, where i need ftp and sftp functionality. Let me describe in details: I need to import few files from remote server, now these remote server either support ftp or sftp not both. So i need a script where my script will try to do ftp first and if it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp equivalent to ftp -n

Hi all. I can put ftp command in shell script together with the password using ftp -n 10.1.2.34 << EOF user userid password cd /test_dir/ prompt bin get filename.txt EOF But the -n option is not available for sftp. What alternatives do I have then to bypass the password prompt? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
6 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD