Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CSH missing - problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSH missing - problem Post 302567472 by Casualty on Monday 24th of October 2011 09:40:31 AM
Old 10-24-2011
CSH missing - problem

Hi all,

i need help with this code

Code:
set login = (`cut -d ":" -f1 /etc/passwd.2001`)
set group = (`cut -d ":" -f4 /etc/passwd.2001`)
set name = (`cut -d ":" -f5 /etc/passwd.2001 | cut -d ":" -f1`)

set i = 1

while ($#login > 0)
    set pom = `last $login[1] | wc -l`
    if ($pom < 3) then
        echo "Output: '$login[1] $group[i] $name[i]'"
        i ++
    endif
    shift login
end

when i run this i get a message
Code:
Missing -.

Any idea what is wrong? Im using C shell.
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh problem with while

Hello this my first post, so i hope you help me echo -n "Choose which square you want to hit of PL2 grid " set pl2_square = $< set i = 1 while ($i <= 6) if ($pl2_square == $pl2_ships) then $pl2_ships = x echo "" echo "" echo "PL1 has hitted a square of PL2" echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amaj1407
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with csh script

Hi All, I have the following script. #!/bin/csh # # createDATfile.sh # cd /export/home/fastserv/bin source /export/home/fastserv/bin/dbenv.sh echo `date` >> /export/home/fastserv/bin/log.txt echo "%INF% Starting send of current FASTSERVICE batch" >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

${name${i}} problem in CSH

Hello all, I tried the following commands in the cshell, but failed. ~Cshell %set i=2 ~Cshell %set fields${i}= ( ad dd dd ) ~Cshell %echo $fields${i} fields: Undefined variable. ~Cshell %echo ${fields${i}} Missing }. And i can see the $fields2 is already set as a local variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with endsw in csh

I am getting an error and can't figure out the problem breaksw: endsw not found. Problem has been solved now (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Missing ] error in csh script

The below script gives error: Missing ] #!/bin/csh set MAX=15 set PATTERN='dtsession' set NUM=`ps -eaf | grep -c $PATTERN` echo "No of dtsession = "$NUM if then echo 'Quota exceeded permissible limit' echo 'sending mail...............' mail hiten.r.chauhan@gmail.com<<EOF ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh array missing some elements

I'm having a problem with this bit of my script. '/tmp/data' contains the output of 'ls -l', and I'm assigning a couple of the columns to an array. The problem is that it line starts on the third line of 'ls -l' rather than the first one. @ count = 7 set line = `cat /tmp/data` while ($count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkirk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with csh script

Hi All, I have a small issue with my csh script which I am using to FTP a file. What I know is...there are two commands to execute script.. 'sh <file>' & '\<file>'. When I execute my script with command 'sh <file>', it gives me syntax error while it runs successfully with command '\<file>'. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndd
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with simple csh scripting

I found my answer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjung9442
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh variable calling problem

First post on here. So I use csh shells for my research (physics... not a CS person). I am trying to rerun the same scripts, but there are ~10 files that have similar variables that I have to change for each different configuration, so I would like one central file for the variables I change that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabrepride
3 Replies
pwck(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  pwck(1M)

NAME
pwck, grpck - password/group file checkers SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pwck [filename] /usr/sbin/grpck [filename] DESCRIPTION
pwck scans the password file and notes any inconsistencies. The checks include validation of the number of fields, login name, user ID, group ID, and whether the login directory and the program-to-use-as-shell exist. The default password file is /etc/passwd. grpck verifies all entries in the group file. This verification includes a check of the number of fields, group name, group ID, whether any login names belong to more than NGROUPS_MAX groups, and that all login names appear in the password file. The default group file is /etc/group. All messages regarding inconsistent entries are placed on the stderr stream. FILES
/etc/group /etc/passwd ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getpwent(3C), group(4), passwd(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Group entries in /etc/group with no login names are flagged. Group file 'filename' is empty The /etc/passwd or /etc/group file is an empty file. cannot open file filename: No such file or directory The /etc/passwd or /etc/group file does not exist. NOTES
If no filename argument is given, grpck checks the local group file, /etc/group, and also makes sure that all login names encountered in the checked group file are known to the system getpwent(3C) routine. This means that the login names may be supplied by a network name service. SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 2002 pwck(1M)