Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trying to eject cdrom
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to eject cdrom Post 302567361 by solaris_1977 on Monday 24th of October 2011 04:24:23 AM
Old 10-24-2011
Try to restart vold daemon. Is it solaris-9/10 ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eject Tape

Hi, I'm using AIX and I'm looking for a command that can eject the tape. Any help is highly appreciated. Regards, BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbhavis
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

eject floppy messages

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the "/dev/floppy/... can now be ejected" messages from coming up on the screen? I'm using Solaris 8 and it pops a message up, which is fine, but it also writes text in the terminal session... that is what I'm trying to avoid. I have tried running in silent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious_Lee
4 Replies

3. Solaris

cdrom will not eject

Hi I have placed a CD into the rom and now I can not eject it. when i type in eject cdrom i get the follwing error root@ssdb0009 # eject cdrom /vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6d0/dp_a0500_solaris_7_and_8_cd: Device busy Therefore i try and eject it with the -f option (eject -f cdrom) I still get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Tape eject using nsrjb

We have just got a Sun L8 tape library and I was trying to script a couple of things. One was to eject (export) a tape from the machine. nsrjb seems to have an enormous amount of options but this is one thing I have not been able to do. Anybody ever managed to do it? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Argus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Eject CDROM?

Now i have a prolem! I double click on my zip file from cdrom. System can not read my zip file and i can not eject my cdrom. How can i manage process and can i end a process or how can i eject my cdrom? please have me! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SF V210 CDROM drive auto eject!

Hi, When I insert a cd to CDROM drive in SF V210 Solaris 10 it took seconds then eject it auto! How can I solve this issue? Thanks Regards :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
8 Replies

7. AIX

eject dvd/cd

does someone knows how to eject a dvd/cd device? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

9. Solaris

CDROM will not eject - says device busy

Hi, I've seen similar posts on this board about ejecting CDROMs but I've tried the solutions people suggested but still cannot eject the CD. It's stuck in a production box so I can't reboot it... bash-3.00# eject -f cdrom /vol/dev/dsk/c0t0d0/sol_10_106_sparc/s0: Device busy bash-3.00#... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
14 Replies

10. Solaris

How to eject boot cdrom after booting from it?

Hey everyone, I currently have a sparcstation 5, and am trying to run some scripts on it without booting off the hard drive. Currently I am using a Solaris 8 install cd to boot into single user mode. However, the scripts I have are on a different CD. What I would like to do is to use the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idlechatter
6 Replies
rpc.smserverd(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 rpc.smserverd(1M)

NAME
rpc.smserverd - removable media device server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/smedia/rpc.smserverd DESCRIPTION
rpc.smserverd is a server that handles requests from client applications, including the Volume Management daemon (vold(1M)), for access to removable media devices. In addition to vold, rmformat(1) and the CDE Filemanager (when performing removable media operations) are rpc.smserverd clients. The rpc.smserverd daemon is started by inetd(1M) when a client makes a call to a Solaris-internal library to access a SCSI, IDE, or USB device. The daemon is not started if a client attempts to access a floppy or PCMCIA device. Once started, the daemon remains active until such time as it is idle for three minutes or more. The rpc.smserverd daemon is provided for the exclusive use of the client applications mentioned above. It has no external, customer-acces- sible interfaces, including no configuration file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), vold(1M), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.smserverd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/smserver Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 31 Jul 2004 rpc.smserverd(1M)